Bedlington x Greyhound

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, two crows said:

I am afraid I am going to have to stop reading threads about dog values, cos I cant get my head round how little people value a sporting companion that you could be working for 7 or 8 years, my old spaniel is 11years old and has done 10 seasons and I mean seasons not just coming along, a cocker back then was 4 or 5 hundred that's £50 a year and a lurcher is no les valuable.

It’s not how little they value them on purchase as it’s a blank canvas that could be bought for as little or as much you want to pay that could amount to a nothing no matter how much times put in to them the value of a expensive pup is the same as a pup that don’t cost as much at this time there individual value comes to the owner  once you’ve got a bond going on training is under way An when there entered they become priceless and arepart of the family by then. Price is always down to the purchasing body of the pup you pay your money take your chances 

36 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Said the same on a different thread a while back. If I really wanted a particular pup I WOULD pay the asking price. But it's certainly not a way of guaranteeing that the pup, however good it's parents and breeding was, will be even half useful. 

And again, you're right about the principle thing. Have you ever heard, until now, of beddy/whippet pups being sold for £650? f***ing preposterous! Lol ?

I know it's hard to tell yet but those pups are looking smooth. also not typical first cross colours and are dog pup's. I think the vendor will be dropping his price when they are ready to go, after all the pet brigade love a fluffy

5 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

There’s cnuts in every walk of life and the lurcher game ain’t no different, in fact I’ve met more lying scumbags through my time in the dog game than any other part of my life. For some people money comes before dogs but for me it’s the other way round. 

Same as me pal met more scummy c**ts in the dog game than any were else in life. For most people cash is king it’s crazy ain’t it

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Couldn't care less if a pup was £50 or £1000 all worth the same to me. What I couldn't do is accept a free pup, I'd feel a right c**t and wouldn't feel like it was all mine. Would pay or give the money to their family or something

Good point right there ?

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I think giving somebody( usually a good mate) the relief a knowing the dog is in the right home an no matter what comes up the dog will always be treated right them surely that’s better than slipping a guy a score note ? I get what ye saying tho but there guys who need there mates to run on dog to further there line, or just give em peace a mind. I’d never take a pup without atleast offering meat for them as they grow, wormers an anything else that’s been out into breeding em. An if it’s a stranger then aye can slip the guy a drink or pay his prices

fcuking massive difference in getting a pup free/cheap Cos the breeder knows it’s best thing for the pup or line. An folk just  begging or expecting free/cheap pups ?

?Of course there's a massive difference mate. Just mean personally I'd still want to pay a fair price or do something. Unlikely to happen anyway ?