Bedlington x Greyhound

Prices vary depending on the  cross/fashion and a pups is worth what people will pay for it that's always the way its been, nearly 50 years ago I was gifted my 1st lurcher and a few years later paid £35 which was a lot of money to me at the time , today I'd pay what it cost if it was what i wanted, at the end of the day average it out over the dogs life and its peanuts.

I've been offered a nice pup for free from the UEA so transport would be expensive but cost was never the issue, rather I not looking for a Saluki.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, fred90 said:

the trouble with the beddywhippet is the pet market is far bigger than the working one. we are now the minority sad but true?

The arse will likely fall out and it will be the same dedicated folk with them, same as any other fad or in pet 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, two crows said:

no one wants to pay much for a pup, but on the night vision thread lads are paying thousands for equipment to spot stuff before  switching the lamp on.

I don’t want to pay much for nothing to be honest in life I mean working lurchers have always been the dogs of people that ain’t got a lot of disposable cash to put food on the table in harder times it’s still besides me why people think they need to spend silly sums of cash to have a interest in a pretty much a poor mans rural game the lamping game is simplicity the only thing I’ve really spent any money on was a lithium 22amp battery that was £220 that was about 4 seasons ago I bought a 170 variable copy £28 of eBay a shit back pack from Argos for about £14 clothing wise I wear old clothes but always wear a half decent waterproof jacket an footwear but to be honest it’s silly to believe you need to spend large sums of money in this game to be competitive I think we’re coursing dogs are concerned it’s a competitive game large sums of money exchanges hands in bets so you have to be competitive an pay sums of cash to earn cash from the best dogs An blood but we’re Lurchers are concerned there’s no bets or money involved to get the job done it’s for the owners eyes only not to please a crowd I think money as got in the way of a lot of thinks in the working Lurcher game that’s why it’s steadily going down hill 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
11 hours ago, Gilbey said:

In the beddy section there's two more b/w litters at £500 - £550. And whippets up to £950 if you really want to blow your top ?

"For a beddy/whippet" would you pay more for something different or think less of them?

I aint blowing my top mate lol. And to be honest I've seen whippets going for more than £950. 

And personally I think most whippets make better general working dogs, or are more useful, than most bedlingtons

• Like 2

Paid £20 for my first lurcher. She didn't amount to much due to my youthful ineptitude lol. Have paid £200 a couple of times for pups, and they ended up not too good lol. Paid £20 for a pup I bought from a lurcher show in south wales, and she was turning into a cracker, until some c**t stole her. Paid £30 for my best ever catch dog. Sire to him was hancock's taffy, his dam was a very fast really greyhoundy bitsa. Caught tons of edible game with him.

Would I pay £650 for a beddy/whippet?! FAAAACK OOOORRFF!!! ?

Oh yeah, the bitch I bought at the show was a dead ringer for poxons pied bitch, and bred the same way. I hope the c**ts that stole her died in a car crash on their way home ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I aint blowing my top mate lol. And to be honest I've seen whippets going for more than £950. 

And personally I think most whippets make better general working dogs, or are more useful, than most bedlingtons

Just being daft ?think the same

• Like 1

I am afraid I am going to have to stop reading threads about dog values, cos I cant get my head round how little people value a sporting companion that you could be working for 7 or 8 years, my old spaniel is 11years old and has done 10 seasons and I mean seasons not just coming along, a cocker back then was 4 or 5 hundred that's £50 a year and a lurcher is no les valuable.

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Exactly mate if i wanted a dog i would pay for it your over 200 for a decent pair of boots think with some people its the principle of the thing  

Said the same on a different thread a while back. If I really wanted a particular pup I WOULD pay the asking price. But it's certainly not a way of guaranteeing that the pup, however good it's parents and breeding was, will be even half useful. 

And again, you're right about the principle thing. Have you ever heard, until now, of beddy/whippet pups being sold for £650? f***ing preposterous! Lol ?