Bedlington x Greyhound

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Good sensible comments lads...:clapper:

I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap.

Obviously, when a breeder has paid a £1000 for a lining, he is entitled to ask what he likes, for his pups.

I've never mixed in such company, and my lurchers ain't in the same league, so I always try to breed a pup, solely for my own requirements.

Once, I have my choice to hand, the rest of the litter can then be placed in other, safe hands.

As a pensioner, my needs are modest,..I don't want money,.....I just want,.... a bit more time...:good:

as the sand keeps reaching the bottom of that big egg timer it's what we all want now. 

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

i can count on the one hand  two crows the people I like in the lurcher game not fcken many if I like something il try buy it I don’t go for names any more it’s a kobbledigoogleshit  to me I’ve seen dogs for 40quid beat 2000grand things I’ve never chased the holly grail i grow up way lads who spent fortunes on good haredogs one after another they were never happy my old mutts done me they were up for it if the ocation arises the  best doglads i new never talked there dogs up ever there the real guys in life the gents the decent blokes the ones il stick way to the end as I said before it’s all about taking part not who has the best dog to me ?

I've never spent more than £200 on a lurcher pup, and I've had a couple of really good ones. £650? You've got to be joking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I've never spent more than £200 on a lurcher pup, and I've had a couple of really good ones. £650? You've got to be joking

I know what you meen, most I spent on a lurcher 250 most I selt em for 150, but a good well bred pup, sure give it your mate if you want, but charge what you want to a stranger, it your choice surely, like bear foot said I cant think of enough people I like to get rid of even a small litter lol.

• Like 4

If I bred a litter and that's a big if but if I needed to i would but i would need to see the stud/ dam work a good  few times and not go of hear say I would gift them as I have done in the past its not always worked out granted its not the rearing that bothers me it's finding the right homes and folk not selling on a gift rather than returning it as agreed if things don't work 

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

I don't think anyone is saying any different really t c. But £650 for a beddy/whippet pup IS over the top.

And you've just said, why should people give pups away,  but you've given pups away yourself? 

I understand to a point what you're saying, but you aint making yourself too clear really.

I've NEVER heard of anyone charging £650 for a beddy/whippet, and I'll bet neither have you. It's f***ing ridiculous, don't matter how much care you put into rearing the litter etc etc

In the beddy section there's two more b/w litters at £500 - £550. And whippets up to £950 if you really want to blow your top ?

"For a beddy/whippet" would you pay more for something different or think less of them?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Gilbey said:

In the beddy section there's two more b/w litters at £500 - £550. And whippets up to £950 if you really want to blow your top ?

"For a beddy/whippet" would you pay more for something different or think less of them?

the trouble with the beddywhippet is the pet market is far bigger than the working one. we are now the minority sad but true?

• Like 3

I payed £120 for my first x beddy?/grey and was given a tenner back for chipping ? and that's the most iv ever payed for a lurcher ? a lurcher is a working mans dog so should be sold and working mans prices ? any different and question the sellers intentions ,av they been bred to keep a pup back or is for profit only ?

7 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

I payed £120 for my first x beddy?/grey and was given a tenner back for chipping ? and that's the most iv ever payed for a lurcher ? a lurcher is a working mans dog so should be sold and working mans prices ? any different and question the sellers intentions ,av they been bred to keep a pup back or is for profit only ?

working men earn some good money these days, that's not a days wage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1