Bedlington x Greyhound

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, two crows said:

fkn hell every things down to money with some folk, perhaps they are dear, but so is your your car, your fkn holiday, and fri night at the pub, but I sooner waist my money on a dog than any of the above.

Agree there t c, but 650 notes for a beddy/whippet? 

? Whenever I plan for a litter, I consider two things. 

Firstly,...I make sure that I've located enough good men, to gift a pup too, and, secondly, I start stocking-up, on Lactol and raw meat.

Pups need placing in their new homes, as soon as possible,..so in actual fact, you only really have to feed them, for a few weeks...

It ain't really a costly business...?

• Like 11
3 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

? Whenever I plan for a litter, I make sure of two things. 

Firstly,..I make sure that I've enough good men around, to gift a pup too, and, secondly, I start stocking-up on Lactol and raw meat.

Pups need placing in their new homes, as soon as possible,..so in actual fact, you only have to feed them for a few weeks...

It ain't really a costly business...?

Dusty & pups 2_3694.JPG

100%

23 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Is if you need to take time off work too see to em phil, wormers, heat lamps an stuff. Iv bred two litters an never charged a penny for any pups but I do know for sure I’d a been cheaper buying a pup in, less hassle an all. That’s if ye can truest breeder to have done his job?

Im all for gifting pups an stuff but if somebody is breeding summat I want an I don’t wanna breed me own, then Iv no hassle paying the guy unless ya mad money, however i stand by the fact that I’d never sell a dog, that’s my choice tho ?

I took 10 weeks of work but im self employed and would do.it again but mabe only have a month off ?? 

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Is if you need to take time off work too see to em phil, wormers, heat lamps an stuff. Iv bred two litters an never charged a penny for any pups but I do know for sure I’d a been cheaper buying a pup in, less hassle an all. That’s if ye can truest breeder to have done his job?

Im all for gifting pups an stuff but if somebody is breeding summat I want an I don’t wanna breed me own, then Iv no hassle paying the guy unless ya mad money, however i stand by the fact that I’d never sell a dog, that’s my choice tho ?

Yeah, and £650 for a beddy/whippet IS mad money. I get what people say, but come on

• Like 1

if you mate any old dog to any old bitch willy-nilly and feed the bitch and let her do the rest pups are cheep to rear and should be priced accordingly , if you take time years of experience to make your choice of stud based on his working ability witch you have seen and taken in with your own eyes  for several seasons, not five minuets or what someone else said is a good dog, and took into account its pedigree and how that compliments your bitch and therefore its offspring, sat up all night to make sure all is well with welping  etc given them and your bitch the best care, food etc,  wormers flea treatment, why on earth should you give your pups away cheap to lets face it posible fkin  idiots, and lets be honest the lurcher world has more than its share of those, I have given pups away and free mateing's and took nothing in return, I have bought pups back rather than let them get past from pillar to post, I know every ones not like me, but I think a working dog of any sort is or should be your most treasured position.

• Like 10

Money people charge for Bedlington whippets is going mental at the moment I’ve noticed there becoming a bit of a designer Lurcher you have all these pet people breeding them An horsey type people breeding them as a side line same as terriers there all at it.it’s shocking there part of the parcel why I believe there going down hill fast it’s the novelty pet people then they breed to put more pet Lurchers out there I’d not have another bedlington whippet tbh as a working dog I’d avoid at all cost if someone said right you’ve got to take one of these two crosses bedlington whippet or a saluki bull greyhound I’m a bedlington Lurcher fan but not a fan of saluki as a rule but I’d take the saluki bull greyhound

• Like 1

Good sensible comments lads...:clapper:

I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap.

Obviously, when a breeder has paid a £1000 for a lining, he is entitled to ask what he likes, for his pups.

I've never mixed in such company, and my lurchers ain't in the same league, so I always try to breed a pup, solely for my own requirements.

Once, I have my choice to hand, the rest of the litter can then be placed in other, safe hands.

As a pensioner, my needs are modest,..I don't want money,.....I just want,.... a bit more time...:good:

• Like 17
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, two crows said:

if you mate any old dog to any old bitch willy-nilly and feed the bitch and let her do the rest pups are cheep to rear and should be priced accordingly , if you take time years of experience to make your choice of stud based on his working ability witch you have seen and taken in with your own eyes  for several seasons, not five minuets or what someone else said is a good dog, and took into account its pedigree and how that compliments your bitch and therefore its offspring, sat up all night to make sure all is well with welping  etc given them and your bitch the best care, food etc,  wormers flea treatment, why on earth should you give your pups away cheap to lets face it posible fkin  idiots, and lets be honest the lurcher world has more than its share of those, I have given pups away and free mateing's and took nothing in return, I have bought pups back rather than let them get past from pillar to post, I know every ones not like me, but I think a working dog of any sort is or should be your most treasured position.

I don't think anyone is saying any different really t c. But £650 for a beddy/whippet pup IS over the top.

And you've just said, why should people give pups away,  but you've given pups away yourself? 

I understand to a point what you're saying, but you aint making yourself too clear really.

I've NEVER heard of anyone charging £650 for a beddy/whippet, and I'll bet neither have you. It's f***ing ridiculous, don't matter how much care you put into rearing the litter etc etc

• Like 1