Bedlington x Greyhound

springbarn appears in princes prd as gtgt grandsire on the sires side two crow so hes in there me old man bred prince gingers luke the saluki in fly blue all come from me dad deacon aswell similar breeding willies toughs roxy most what the coursing lads got hold of was his blood they called it windswift and him saluki mac atb

• Like 2

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Remember reading something about some dogs in a area being down off some greyhounds that had gone over with folk. This was before the Sarona dogs had been brought back?

Did some of them not just see greyhounds as English salukis?

Folk are getting dogs from places like Sanliurfa that are very greyhoundy...

i agree gilbey some a the pures look very greyhoundy in coo even imports

i havent seen is it rio off heres iranian import for abit but that looked abit like the colour of lucky tina brindle black tan some of them iraninan dogs a throwing brindle pups now 

brindle salukis out a nowere 

even uk lines with gc joes in them both sides dont throw that many brindles really 

• Like 1

english greyhounds everywere now arent they even arabs taking uk stock back to breed with theres 

another thing i may be way off but all these coo dogs with cropped ears all the old photos you see 1800 early 1900 none have cropped ears 

do they crop the ears on the hounds that a turned back ive seen photos of dogs with one ear cropped is this because dog only had one turned back ear

30 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

english greyhounds everywere now arent they even arabs taking uk stock back to breed with theres 

another thing i may be way off but all these coo dogs with cropped ears all the old photos you see 1800 early 1900 none have cropped ears 

do they crop the ears on the hounds that a turned back ive seen photos of dogs with one ear cropped is this because dog only had one turned back ear

Lol think your dead right with some of them cropped dogs, we think the same.

They crop one lug on all different types/stamps it's just stupid, never got that one 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

springbarn appears in princes prd as gtgt grandsire on the sires side two crow so hes in there me old man bred prince gingers luke the saluki in fly blue all come from me dad deacon aswell similar breeding willies toughs roxy most what the coursing lads got hold of was his blood they called it windswift and him saluki mac atb

used to make me laugh when frenchy always said luke was the best pure in the country at that time I had a cream 27 inch pure also called luke who used to do 3s and fours all the time and to me he was top draw ran like a top class coursing dog, I got him off a lad in worksop who rescued him off someone so never knew where he came from. here is a pic best one I have lol

DSCF8157.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I always wondered wtf that meant but dint want 2 be first on the dunce hat 

Well done sir

Well, strictly speaking it should be c o o, not coo. Coo implies that it might be bred from a pigeon. Anyway, there ya go ?

2 minutes ago, two crows said:

used to make me laugh when frenchy always said luke was the best pure in the country at that time I had a cream 27 inch pure also called luke who used to do 3s and fours all the time and to me he was top draw ran like a top class coursing dog, I got him off a lad in worksop who rescued him off someone so never knew where he came from. here is a pic best one I have lol

DSCF8157.JPG

Not meaning to be contentious here t c, but how do you know he was pure, given the circumstances in which you aquired him? ?

2 minutes ago, two crows said:

DSCF8157.JPG

i think ginger got it from jon stanley wasnt there cup of tea but bred some good uns dogs about today still go back to him my dads best pure was called luke big cream dog sparce feathering killed big numbers sired good few pups there was pures that could kill 3s and 4s atb

• Like 2