Bedlington x Greyhound

I think if it had been me I would of kept my mouth shut and just got on and bred a litter kept what I wanted sold the rest because everyone knows when u come on here what u are going to get and if u breed worker to worker or shit to shit there is no guarantee the same as I was talking to torchie on Sunday and he said if u can't get a dog going on the moors then u never will so like my opinion  I have always said its what u but in front of them

• Like 1

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

most a  the old lines what we run today is merlin eve breeding and what isnt has same saluki blood in them as merlin eve 

true, my first bitch was born in 1969 and was sired by a pure called caleb of xeros, his parents were springbarn sandpiper and Anastasia of daxlore, I can trace this line back to 1890s and the saluki stuff in the merlin eve lines are all related to these dogs one way or another , caleb went to one or two greyhounds in the sixties along with several lurchers and one pure kamasi semeramis a uk bred bitch, bred from imported stock from IRAK, flash (caleb of xeros) was born in 1961

034.JPG

• Like 4
1 minute ago, two crows said:

true, my first bitch was born in 1969 and was sired by a pure called caleb of xeros, his parents were springbarn sandpiper and Anastasia of daxlore, I can trace this line back to 1890s and the saluki stuff in the merlin eve lines are all related to these dogs one way or another , caleb went to one or two greyhounds in the sixties along with several lurchers and one pure kamasi semeramis a uk bred bitch, bred from imported stock from IRAK, flash (caleb of xeros) was born in 1961

034.JPG

Did u crop out the hat

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, two crows said:

034.JPG

Nice dogs anyway crow hat or no you know some things fair play 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

quality old pic two crows

that's my wifes uncle in the pic he is seventy four now and loves to talk dogs, the old dog was killed in1971 ish he ran down  the street and as he turned to go in the gate he hit the post and broke his neck poor old lad, he left some good dogs though.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, two crows said:

034.JPG

Most would be related one way or another, with numbers and going back to the same imports

7 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Most would be related one way or another, with numbers and going back to the same imports

flashes father springbarn sandpiper, went to 10 known bitches and sired 70 offspring, so something's going to fit somwhare, he was born in 1957.

1 hour ago, two crows said:

I don't class stuff from eu as imprted, only coo stuff and even they import stock from here.

I read something somewhere about greyhounds being imported and bred into the coo dogs a good few years back. Would that be correct t c? I don't mean the ones used for racing over there, but a good while back ?

1 hour ago, two crows said:

I don't class stuff from eu as imprted, only coo stuff and even they import stock from here.

Get with the times lol EVERYTHING is imported looking at lurcher ads, even if it's clear to anyone with eyes in their head it's from a well known show kennel ?

3 hours ago, shaaark said:

I read something somewhere about greyhounds being imported and bred into the coo dogs a good few years back. Would that be correct t c? I don't mean the ones used for racing over there, but a good while back ?

don't know but they do buy coursing dogs.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, shaaark said:

Remember reading something about some dogs in a area being down off some greyhounds that had gone over with folk. This was before the Sarona dogs had been brought back?

Did some of them not just see greyhounds as English salukis?

Folk are getting dogs from places like Sanliurfa that are very greyhoundy...

Edited by Gilbey
This was before Florence's first imports, linked it to the wrong dogs
  • Like 1