Bedlington x Greyhound

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, billhardy said:

It's either the Wheaton and has been fa a while or if one does mot need anything overly sized  use a big black fell earth dog bone hard on a large grey bitch  feck the bed dies lol atb bill

yeh   the wheaten  seems the way to go , and prob got more chance of a pup, than trying to get a good beddy these days, but same again its getting a good wheaten may be the prob, they out there its finding the lads who got them, they keep them under the radar  from most people . ive always thought  a 1/4 wheaten x 3/4 grey     make good alrounder lurcher for most quarry   deff

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, bird said:

yeh   the wheaten  seems the way to go , and prob got more chance of a pup, than trying to get a good beddy these days, but same again its getting a good wheaten may be the prob, they out there its finding the lads who got them, they keep them under the radar  from most people . ive always thought  a 1/4 wheaten x 3/4 grey     make good alrounder lurcher for most quarry   deff

hiya ray hope you well ? don't know anything about wheatens  and defo never seen one worked to ground but they seem to be the fashion these days and if that's what they like these days cant see why not ,but give me a first x beddy/grey anyday ?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, bird said:

It's right rY ya don't need a lot of good Wheaton blood it hangs in the hybrids. Seen the whippet Wheaton bull xs recall gamey little sorts tackle the heaviest of our teeth in these Isles. Atb bill

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

Has Anyone got any pics of a proper working bedlington or are they a thing of the past . The dog I used was from Ayr northern light noes t m he was a proper terrier lad none this shit we went brought a bitch up from Yorkshire ritherby 3/4 bed 1/4 fell it was kept back till right age it was a coward a gassy fighting b*****d it never wanted to no when teeth were shown it was killed after it started a fight way the wrong bedlington I’ve seen this many times even way runners ?‍♀️ they jack when there shown the pearly whites I enjoyed my old bitch I dug a pair to her at 12year old then put her away she was riddled way cancer the whippet x was a better earth dog than all the pures o breed but most went to homes were lads weren’t up for working dogs properly end of a error for me I enjoyed it they never showed me up once great little pest control dogs I obtained loads permission throw those little dogs mostly ratting . I don’t see any positives in this thread apart from old bob breading in which I no i could obtain a dog for nowt or next to nothing enjoy your dog lads nothing last for ever . I did bread 1 litter of first x bedx grey both jacked on teeth or faked about  two bitches I put both away no good to me . 

T m dog is the grandfather of bruce was in a first cross that was brought into bobs,line as a out cross 

• Like 1

The bedlington world cracks me up full of lies an deceit why feck about with half these people in the first place that will lead you up the garden path to pimp there bedlingtons out. Cut the middle man out find someone that’s got a tried an tested f1 If you want decent stuff it’s the only way to get decent bedlington blood in Lurchers these days feck all that names bull shit in the bedlington side of it it’s irrelevant we’re Lurchers are concerned the capabilities of the Lurcher is all you need to know 

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, billhardy said:

It's right rY ya don't need a lot of good Wheaton blood it hangs in the hybrids. Seen the whippet Wheaton bull xs recall gamey little sorts tackle the heaviest of our teeth in these Isles. Atb bill

I met my first Wheaton x whippet at the weekend I was drawn to this dog from a distance as it looked strong an well put together I got chatting to the guy a really nice genuine guy he said he went to Ireland to get it he said he’s always had collie x greyhounds since he was a kid but fancied something different he said this young dog has been a complete game changer he said he couldn’t see himself with another cross again from what he’s experienced from the cross he said really easy trained very biddable he said entering this dog was easy he also said it loves the rough end 

• Like 2