Bedlington x Greyhound

Dbod you sound new to this game, what your intentions are is what a lot of people want when they start, creating your own line or stamp ,there's  experienced people on this forum, a few not a lot are worth listening to mate, to get where you want with that breeding will take at least 15 years , that's if every mating gels 

• Like 2

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Dbod said:

Sadly lads I posted a topic on here looking for information on the Bedlington terrier x greyhound,i got great feedback till today ,so far I have got idiots and muppets replying saying I am a peddler for a money making scheme.these idiots or armchair warriors should really read the topic before they jump in head first,no matter what site you join there is always idiots like these try their best to ruin a breeding program,if truth be known these muppets probably don't even own a pair of wellies,?si I think its best I don't share any more information about my breeding program on this web site ,i am going to delete my profile and sadly move on away from idiots which most site carry like a thorn in your butt.

for those members that emailed me i will keep in touch on my breeding program and will keep you updated,

take care lads it was nice knowing you.

Kin el, you sound a tad fragile to be calling me names ffs, good luck fella ??

A lot of people putting strong words on here seem to missing the point here that this lad may have located a pure Bedlington Stud dog which is possibly related to dogs from one of the best working strains there has ever been.

Producing a litter of first cross Bedlington's out of such a dog if it is genuine it is virtually guaranteed they will be workers.

The variables when producing 1st Crosses are so few and every dog I have seen which is genuine first cross will be about 22 inch to the shoulder bitches possibly a little smaller and like peas in a pod.

Will they all work big quarry no because that's where the variable comes in in respect to the type of Bedlington used but they will work rabbits. Variations in coat quality come through from the Bedlington. 

In respect all the talk about breeding worker to worker this gives no guarantee. It may increase the chances of having a decent dog but from personal experience is no guarantee.In respect to some breeding's the melting pot of breeds thrown in throws up far too many variables within any litter.

When you look on sites such a pre loved my heart sinks with the number of lurchers being sold I doubt if pups from the breeding being proposed will end up on such a site irrespective of the negative input being posted.

Have a good and injury free season everyone.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Dbod said:

Sadly lads I posted a topic on here looking for information on the Bedlington terrier x greyhound,i got great feedback till today ,so far I have got idiots and muppets replying saying I am a peddler for a money making scheme.these idiots or armchair warriors should really read the topic before they jump in head first,no matter what site you join there is always idiots like these try their best to ruin a breeding program,if truth be known these muppets probably don't even own a pair of wellies,?si I think its best I don't share any more information about my breeding program on this web site ,i am going to delete my profile and sadly move on away from idiots which most site carry like a thorn in your butt.

for those members that emailed me i will keep in touch on my breeding program and will keep you updated,

take care lads it was nice knowing you.

You came on saying you had dogs for a short time and after a 40 year break you'd got a collie grey pup. A little while later you said you had a working sal whip grey and now your planning a breeding program based on a dogs you don't know the basics about. Maybe folk smell something....

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
14 hours ago, budgie123 said:

A lot of people putting strong words on here seem to missing the point here that this lad may have located a pure Bedlington Stud dog which is possibly related to dogs from one of the best working strains there has ever been.

Producing a litter of first cross Bedlington's out of such a dog if it is genuine it is virtually guaranteed they will be workers.

The variables when producing 1st Crosses are so few and every dog I have seen which is genuine first cross will be about 22 inch to the shoulder bitches possibly a little smaller and like peas in a pod.

Will they all work big quarry no because that's where the variable comes in in respect to the type of Bedlington used but they will work rabbits. Variations in coat quality come through from the Bedlington. 

In respect all the talk about breeding worker to worker this gives no guarantee. It may increase the chances of having a decent dog but from personal experience is no guarantee.In respect to some breeding's the melting pot of breeds thrown in throws up far too many variables within any litter.

When you look on sites such a pre loved my heart sinks with the number of lurchers being sold I doubt if pups from the breeding being proposed will end up on such a site irrespective of the negative input being posted.

Have a good and injury free season everyone.

who currently has all or some rillington in there line of bedlingtons budgie 123.

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 18:50, budgie123 said:

Neil Beacon from Staffs no longer breeds Bedlington Crosses he got into trouble with his local council and there was some bad press on here about dogs.

I can only speak for what I saw when my mate got his dog.

The Bedlington stud dog was a superb stamp strong and an excellent coat.

The litter I saw were superb well cared for and a credit to the man.

Like already said the dog my mate has is as good a first cross as I have ever seen robust and a coat I have not seen on any other first cross.

Nobody seems to know where the bedlingtons went but they were genuine rillington bred.

The most important issue in this breed is the Bedlington and the versatility, toughness and tractability make them such a versatile cross.

Another issue when you live around other people is having a dog which kennels well.

The first one I had lived to 13 and 1/2 and I never in all them years heard him bark and my current one is 5 this year and I have never heard him bark and my mates have been all the same.

was he from channock chase budgie and did he not have parvo through his kennel, I think there was a bit of bad press on this site about him, he had two droopys maldinie greyhound bitches he bred out of, I remember someone saying they weren't up to much, if anybody can add to that or correct me that would be great, cheers

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Marvel said:

was he from channock chase budgie and did he not have parvo through his kennel, I think there was a bit of bad press on this site about him, he had two droopys maldinie greyhound bitches he bred out of, I remember someone saying they weren't up to much, if anybody can add to that or correct me that would be great, cheers

Yeah if it’s one I’m thinking of I nearly enquired about some mixed bred terriers on pets4 homes 3  year go , had few tattoos and gold ? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Marvel said:

2 pups were given to lads one had pavro the other died with worms one of the boys  came upnto bob and hw gifted him a pup to be fair i thi k niel returned there money after a bit hassle  there is a thread about it on here 

• Like 1

I think it's ok if he gets a good Bedlington stud and a decent grey bitch but if he wants a good line he will have to keep a good few pups back each generation and pick the best of the best workers and only breed from them.I hope he's young cause its a long road and he will make f--- all money from it.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Marvel said:

I know where two of the Bedlington went. Lol. My mate got em and bred em on straight beddie and there's beddy whippets bred down from em up here. Atb bill

Just now, billhardy said:

I know where two of the Bedlington went. Lol. My mate got em and bred em on straight beddie and there's beddy whippets bred down from em up here. Atb bill

I also have a family member with a bitch around maybe five yrs old beddie xs grey how she made I don't k ow think. She made around twrnt one. Atb bill