Bedlington x Greyhound

Not meaning to throw a spanner in the works, ......... BUT, you plan on breeding from two year old dogs and bitches. They've only just reached maturity, and are nowhere near the finshed article before they can be deemed worth breeding from?

• Like 1

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Balaur said:

If the lines are good enough I guess that's as certain as you can be , I'm not advocating breeding off juvenile dogs, just saying I'd sooner have a pup off proven lines than a pup of a good dog bred to bobs good bitch, when they might be been the only gooduns out of 15 pups.....a

I know what you're saying, and I've said similar a few times. But look at the amount of shit  and abuse people get on here when they breed from under 5 year old dogs, bitches. You get alll the 'you should only breed from proven dogs and bitches after they've had at least 4-5 seasons graft' bollox. And some of those have contributed positively in this thread! Dear oh dear lol ?

• Like 4
3 hours ago, shaaark said:

Not meaning to throw a spanner in the works, ......... BUT, you plan on breeding from two year old dogs and bitches. They've only just reached maturity, and are nowhere near the finshed article before they can be deemed worth breeding from?

I was getting quite excited as it’d be nice to see some decent bred bedlington greyhounds out there but the breeding out of 2yr old dogs did it for me that’s the point I wished all the best An good luck to be honest it’s just a visionary’s peddling racket in under cover as a breeding program  you’d have to be a gullible fool not to see it ??‍♂️ There’s no secrets about it slap a bedlington over a greyhound you have f1s to sell keep 2 An breed out of them at 2yrs old to produce more to sell 2+2=4 quick maths ??The only program is profit 

• Like 1
On 12/09/2019 at 10:28, Dbod said:

The starting point to any lurcher is the greyhound,weather it be track or field,the only reason I like a greyhound bitch that has been banned off the track for fighting is which I think adds a little gameness to the greyhound in question,i have seen plenty of greyhounds that had plenty of speed,could pick up rabbits day or night in any situation but when they tried to tackle anything that had teeth it was a different story,whether they were single handed or doubled up.

As for the terrier that your going to use for your greyhound to get your lurchers,[and my choice will be the Bedlington terrier],it will have to be a worker above and below grond,most terriers will work above ground,but all we have here for them to work is rabbit or fox.so to find a good terrier that[as a chap on he states]when the lights go out than you see how game the terrier is to crawl up a hole in complete darkness and face a set of jaws,and be not afraid to do battle or even kill if he gets a chance,

So by crossing these both dogs I think you should get some decent lurchers from this breeding,the greyhound bitch I am getting is a fighting bitch that's banned from the track,and the Bedlington terrier I intend to use [if all goes well]is a good hard working dog above and below,i am in the process of getting to see this terrier at work so when it happens I will post a picture or two and then you all can give your opinions on them.

pure greyhounds i seen dispatch fox rapid but they dont last all night pick up injurys but kill them no bother terrier ads stamina better coat better feet wont get sickened as quick 

• Like 1

If the bloke wants to breed his own good luck to him, to be honest genuine first cross Bedlington Greyhounds are very thin on the ground, so in my eyes he’s doing the right thing he will have no problem finding good working homes for them, to many are quick to judge others when they should take a good look at themselves and concentrate on their own life’s. Regards Collie John.

• Like 4

I also have seen greyhound take on fox first time out as well,i also seen greyhound turn tail and run from the action,i think the speed is was comes from the greyhound, the rest to make the lurcher you want lies on what you cross it with .

Edited by Dbod
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, poxon said:

I was getting quite excited as it’d be nice to see some decent bred bedlington greyhounds out there but the breeding out of 2yr old dogs did it for me that’s the point I wished all the best An good luck to be honest it’s just a visionary’s peddling racket in under cover as a breeding program  you’d have to be a gullible fool not to see it ??‍♂️ There’s no secrets about it slap a bedlington over a greyhound you have f1s to sell keep 2 An breed out of them at 2yrs old to produce more to sell 2+2=4 quick maths ??The only program is profit 

Poxon,what would I have to gain on a few pups,a 100 euro a pup,say 4 pups 400 euro,think or rearing them till 8 to 9 weeks old,working them every two week,first injections,including parvo,and you think I am in it for profit,when is the last time you bought a injection for a young pup,when was the last time you brought a dog to a vet,...at between 2 to 3 years old a lurcher should be in its prime,and at that time one should be able to decide if that dog in questing should be bred or not,..i was told when I started this topic,that a lot on here will try and ruin or run down my breeding program,but I am not that really bothered with the computer warriors,this plan is in place and we are determined to make it work to breed a decent working lurcher not for profit as some might think.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, colliejohn said:

If the bloke wants to breed his own good luck to him, to be honest genuine first cross Bedlington Greyhounds are very thin on the ground, so in my eyes he’s doing the right thing he will have no problem finding good working homes for them, to many are quick to judge others when they should take a good look at themselves and concentrate on their own life’s. Regards Collie John.

9 minutes ago, Dbod said:

Poxon,what would I have to gain on a few pups,a 100 euro a pup,say 4 pups 400 euro,think or rearing them till 8 to 9 weeks old,worming them every two week,first injections,including parvo,and you think I am in it for profit,when is the last time you bought a injection for a young pup,when was the last time you brought a dog to a vet,...at between 2 to 3 years old a lurcher should be in its prime,and at that time one should be able to decide if that dog in questing should be bred or not,..i was told when I started this topic,that a lot on here will try and ruin or run down my breeding program,but I am not that really bothered with the computer warriors,this plan is in place and we are determined to make it work to breed a decent working lurcher not for profit as some might think.

Thank you John.

Edited by Dbod
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Dbod said:

Poxon,what would I have to gain on a few pups,a 100 euro a pup,say 4 pups 400 euro,think or rearing them till 8 to 9 weeks old,working them every two week,first injections,including parvo,and you think I am in it for profit,when is the last time you bought a injection for a young pup,when was the last time you brought a dog to a vet,...at between 2 to 3 years old a lurcher should be in its prime,and at that time one should be able to decide if that dog in questing should be bred or not,..i was told when I started this topic,that a lot on here will try and ruin or run down my breeding program,but I am not that really bothered with the computer warriors,this plan is in place and we are determined to make it work to breed a decent working lurcher not for profit as some might think.

Mate your trying to fool the wrong guy.last time I bought a injections for a pup was about 3weeks ago???And I know cost of rearing a litter properly as well my last litter I done bedlington Xs 2yrs ago out of experienced working dog of 9yr old to my experienced working bitch of 6 I’ve got a bitch here out the litter at 2 now not even in her working prime yet she’s only 2 ffs she had the tail end of last season to show her a bit An this season as not kicked in yet the breedings definitely there shall I nock a litter out now why she’s young an in her prime?? like I’ve already said good luck an all that all the best ??Mate tbh you started a topic I thought it was great tbh I like nothing more than the sound of f1 bedlington greyhounds offered I’m a big fan of bedlington xs  like I’ve said it’s the bit you’ve said 2 yrs old was the game changer for me because you’ve said your keep 2 back to breed from to a greyhound that was the game changer that high lighted your intentions to put pups on the ground to make profit if this wasn’t your intention you would of skipped f1s an put a decent f1 stud over the greyhound ??‍♂️ Call me a fool if you like or a keyboard warrior but I think some gullible lads are going to be getting tucked up by you My friend ??

ps any luck finding a digging patt to put over the bushing jack that you were asking for a stud for about a day ago 

like ive already said all the best An good luck fella ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, poxon said:

Mate your trying to fool the wrong guy.last time I bought a injections for a pup was about 3weeks ago???And I know cost of rearing a litter properly as well my last litter I done bedlington Xs 2yrs ago out of experienced working dog of 9yr old to my experienced working bitch of 6 I’ve got a bitch here out the litter at 2 now not even in her working prime yet she’s only 2 ffs she had the tail end of last season to show her a bit An this season as not kicked in yet the breedings definitely there shall I nock a litter out now why she’s young an in her prime?? like I’ve already said good luck an all that all the best ??Mate tbh you started a topic I thought it was great tbh I like nothing more than the sound of f1 bedlington greyhounds offered I’m a big fan of bedlington xs  like I’ve said it’s the bit you’ve said 2 yrs old was the game changer for me because you’ve said your keep 2 back to breed from to a greyhound that was the game changer that high lighted your intentions to put pups on the ground to make profit if this wasn’t your intention you would of skipped f1s an put a decent f1 stud over the greyhound ??‍♂️ Call me a fool if you like or a keyboard warrior but I think some gullible lads are going to be getting tucked up by you My friend ??

ps any luck finding a digging patt to put over the bushing jack that you were asking for a stud for about a day ago 

like ive already said all the best An good luck fella ?

Reading between the lines poxon.

I've got a feeling that you ain't putting your name down for a pup...

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, king said:

Reading between the lines poxon.

I've got a feeling that you ain't putting your name down for a pup...

Being ? honest the f1s sparked interest As some one breeding a decent f1 would be handy to know for if my 2 prove worthy down the road but it was when the guy carried on with reply’s to me true motives were shown

king your feelings are correct I’m staying well out the way An shall not be asking for my name to be put down on one?? 

Ill stick to what I know an who I know were decent bedlington blood is required 

• Like 3