Bedlington x Greyhound

2 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Fair play to ya Dbod, like Phil said, you got a plan and your sticking with it and in a world of swappers, changers and grass is always greeners, thats a refreshing change....

Stick with the programme... I wish you well... ???

Thanks Bosun11,i am and I intend to carry out this breeding program that I want and hope every thing goes to plan. 

• Like 4

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Marvel said:

Theres a good guy from lochwinoch way who has beat you to it Dbod, maybe you could utilise some of his breeding to save a bit of time.

Taking old Bob and his grandson out for a days bolting for thete young dogs shortly  they must have 40 years in there breeding now they have stuck by the beddy greyhounds never added any thing else bred a good type 

Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Aye good luck mate hope it works out for you thats  what i have  a 3/8 beddy a first cross put to a 3/4 cross 

Northernlite,can I ask what height did your lurcher make,is he game,and is he broken coated or smooth,

8 hours ago, Marvel said:

Theres a good guy from lochwinoch way who has beat you to it Dbod, maybe you could utilise some of his breeding to save a bit of time.

Marvel,i didn't think I was the first to start a breeding program with the beddy x greyhound,its something I always wanted to do,and now as I have more time and space and loads of patience I intend to breed,and if I get a few good ones all the better and if not I will keep plodding along

24 minutes ago, Dbod said:

Northernlite,can I ask what height did your lurcher make,is he game,and is he broken coated or smooth,

He went to 26tts the first cross that was used mother was a 29trs coursing greyhound from Ireland think the height came from that not had him on fox  doesn't interest me 20180330_071750.jpg.7a01255fd0444adf834610f22dbc3742.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

He went to 26tts the first cross that was used mother was a 29trs coursing greyhound from Ireland think the height came from that not had him on fox  doesn't interest me 20180330_071750.jpg.7a01255fd0444adf834610f22dbc3742.jpg

I think from 23 to 26 inches is my ideal height for this breed,the bigger you go then I think you run into problems,i have seen greyhounds that were in the 30s and they needed plenty of land to turn,

26 minutes ago, Dbod said:

I think from 23 to 26 inches is my ideal height for this breed,the bigger you go then I think you run into problems,i have seen greyhounds that were in the 30s and they needed plenty of land to turn,

He does really well on the rabbits for his size got a good burst of speed which was surprising for his height 

7 hours ago, Dbod said:

Marvel,i didn't think I was the first to start a breeding program with the beddy x greyhound,its something I always wanted to do,and now as I have more time and space and loads of patience I intend to breed,and if I get a few good ones all the better and if not I will keep plodding along

Dbod, your in the right country if your looking for quality greyhounds and as budgie123 say its all down to the quality of the bedlingtons you use and as you say you've got that sorted, if you breed first crosses I don't think you'll have to many surplus pups because theres all ways people on here looking for well bred pups, I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST OF LUCK IF YOU START YOUR BREEDING PROGRAM.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Marvel said:

Dbod, your in the right country if your looking for quality greyhounds and as budgie123 say its all down to the quality of the bedlingtons you use and as you say you've got that sorted, if you breed first crosses I don't think you'll have to many surplus pups because theres all ways people on here looking for well bred pups, I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST OF LUCK IF YOU START YOUR BREEDING PROGRAM.

Thanks Marvel,yes I am on a mission to breed this type of lurcher,as for surplus pups,i am sure when word gets out I have this greyhound in pup to this Bedlington  I will have no shortage of buyers..but that's all for next year and I have to concentrate on the greyhound and this working Bedlington and make sure everything goes to plan 

4 hours ago, Dbod said:

Thanks Marvel,yes I am on a mission to breed this type of lurcher,as for surplus pups,i am sure when word gets out I have this greyhound in pup to this Bedlington  I will have no shortage of buyers..but that's all for next year and I have to concentrate on the greyhound and this working Bedlington and make sure everything goes to plan 

All the best to you pal, keep us updated on your progress, some pictures would be nice as well.