Killing a tree

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two or three copper nails it may well die but chances are it would take years ...copper sulphate on the other hand kill just about anything ..

Peel a ring of bark from the trunk as long as it’s a full circle the tree will die but would be rather obvious, copper nails driven into the trunk is the discreet way to do it, or get someone else to

Had a simular situation to yours many years back on a boundary line and discovered that though the dick next door owned the tree, I owned anything that crossed the boundary line as in roots and branch

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, General lee said:

Ring it?

Peel a ring of bark from the trunk as long as it’s a full circle the tree will die but would be rather obvious, copper nails driven into the trunk is the discreet way to do it, or get someone else to do it when you are in a room full of people and deny any knowledge ??

• Like 3
1 hour ago, General lee said:

I have got a tree on the edge of some ground I can’t cut it down but I need to get rid of it does anyone know a way I can kill it  without it being obvious I did it any suggestions welcome

Had a simular situation to yours many years back on a boundary line and discovered that though the dick next door owned the tree, I owned anything that crossed the boundary line as in roots and branch,s  so a quick trench along the said boundary with all roots cut cleanly to the line and all branch’s above ground also trimmed right back to the boundary line , strangely during the next windy night the whole tree fell across his lawn????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd go with Micky's advice and ring it, the strip of bark to be removed need only be a half inch around and you can rub a bit of dirt in it to cover the lighter trunk underneath the bark. Use a Stanley knife and a narrow chisle, or sommat similar, just for picking the bark out from between the cuts. Sap cant rise, tree die's, real quick.