Racism in football

Depends the context of the situation. I regularly call my workmate a dirty English b*****d joking around in work when it's just me and him and he laughs at it and calls me an Irish b*****d but I've seen him in group situations where a few gang up and single him out from the crowd and you can see he is upset and doesn't like it. It then has turned from a bit of a laugh into group bullying which does affect people whether they admit it or not.?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can call me anything they want specially earning £50,000+ a game , even £500 a game  in fact most of use get called something most weeks or even days , do I give a shit , no I can give it ba

Unfortunately football has been hijacked to make a stand in society on a subject that is totally irrelevant to sport.....people get called nasty names at table tennis tournaments but nobody puts table

Prejudice is displayed just about everywhere in the animal kingdom.....it’s only human beings that are being mentally conditioned that it’s wrong. Id argue that it’s a perfectly natural first res

Posted Images

Depends the context of the situation. I regularly call my workmate a dirty English b*****d joking around in work when it's just me and him and he laughs at it and calls me an Irish b*****d but I've seen him in group situations where a few gang up and single him out from the crowd and you can see he is upset and doesn't like it. It then has turned from a bit of a laugh into group bullying which does affect people whether they admit it or not.?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jobi said:

Exactly, it's wrong at the end of the day and you know it. We can all have a light hearted laugh at it but being serious, would you call a little girl a black c**t or nigger to her face? 

Yes I understand folk lash out and say things they don't really mean but in this day and age there's no excuse, I'm sure folk like TOMO don't find it funny. 

You've obviously never seen an under 15s rugby match in the valleys lol

I love it when all this racist, gayist etc stuff gets turned on it's head. An aquaintance of mine is racist, homophobic and a couple of other ists ics or whatever. 

It was great when his daughter came out and introduced her half caste girlfriend to him ?

• Haha 2

Unfortunately football has been hijacked to make a stand in society on a subject that is totally irrelevant to sport.....people get called nasty names at table tennis tournaments but nobody puts table tennis up in flashing lights its the popularity of football that makes it perfect to take hostage.

I find name calling a little bit childish whether it be fat c**t,ginger c**t or black c**t so i wouldnt get into it but ive been called a cockney c**t throughout my life i dont roll into a ball crying about it i really dont see what makes blacks most important when it comes to harmless banter in this country why are they so upset at being black im not upset at being a cockney....we used to live by the phrase " sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me "......now we,ve turned into a bunch of crybabies and its the exact opposite blacks are running round London killing each other but its ok just as long as they dont get called a nasty name !

This is football policing in 2019.....at a non league football match !

IMG_6611.jpg

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 7

The politically correct white man is more offended by racism than the black ever has been, I have a good pal in Leeds, he is, as black as the ace of spades and he hates it when ( them white cnuts and them white bitches lol ) others put themselves forward on his behalf for their benefits only, and nobody else's.  

• Like 3

True story. I am not sure if there's a lesson in it or not. Towards the end of last season my Mrs and me  went for Sunday lunch .The idea was we would have lunch and then watch the football at 4 o' clock. So the lunch was good and we settled down to watch the football. About half way through the first half I became aware of a bloke  f'n this and cunting that at the screen. I was pissed off , as my generation ( I'm just short of 70) generally don' t swear in front of anothrer man's wife. Then the drunk started on the racist shit:" black c**t" " f****n spade" "lash it in with your tail". To make it worse there was a black fella drinking quietly at the bar. I was really pissed off with his behaviour and being a bit of legend in my own head I followed him to the toilet. He saw me come in and said "ok?" I replied "no I'm not, you are out of order with your language in mixed company and doubly out of order spewing that racist stuff especially with a black fella trying to enjoy a drink at the bar.

To cut a long story short he was totally shocked. He apologised for swearing and said " oh you mean Bruce, he's my best mate". By that time we had moved back into the bar and he put his arm around Bruce's neck and said "that fella thinks I' m f****n racist!" He then got his Mrs over to give Bruce a kiss . Bruce was not happy at the fuss.So no thank you from him..far from it.

So I made an arse of myself and did not do Bruce any favours. My Mrs was not a happy bunny and said I was a stupid old fool so we left pretty smartish.- 

However I genuinly think I would do the same again in similar circumstances ( but not at a football match). But obviously I would make sure the bloke shouting racist abuse wasn't best mates with any black fellas at the bar?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, jukel123 said:

True story. I am not sure if there's a lesson in it or not. Towards the end of last season my Mrs and me  went for Sunday lunch .The idea was we would have lunch and then watch the football at 4 o' clock. So the lunch was good and we settled down to watch the football. About half way through the first half I became aware of a bloke  f'n this and cunting that at the screen. I was pissed off , as my generation ( I'm just short of 70) generally don' t swear in front of anothrer man's wife. Then the drunk started on the racist shit:" black c**t" " f****n spade" "lash it in with your tail". To make it worse there was a black fella drinking quietly at the bar. I was really pissed off with his behaviour and being a bit of legend in my own head I followed him to the toilet. He saw me come in and said "ok?" I replied "no I'm not, you are out of order with your language in mixed company and doubly out of order spewing that racist stuff especially with a black fella trying to enjoy a drink at the bar.

To cut a long story short he was totally shocked. He apologised for swearing and said " oh you mean Bruce, he's my best mate". By that time we had moved back into the bar and he put his arm around Bruce's neck and said "that fella thinks I' m f****n racist!" He then got his Mrs over to give Bruce a kiss . Bruce was not happy at the fuss.So no thank you from him..far from it.

So I made an arse of myself and did not do Bruce any favours. My Mrs was not a happy bunny and said I was a stupid old fool so we left pretty smartish.- 

However I genuinly think I would do the same again in similar circumstances ( but not at a football match). But obviously I would make sure the bloke shouting racist abuse wasn't best mates with any black fellas at the bar?

Just out of curiosity Jukel......had " Bruce " been a Scot sitting at the bar listening to  " jock c**t,f****n jocks " etc.....would you still of felt the urge to pull the geezer up ?

Or is it just blacks you would spring to the rescue for ?

LIke i say,just curious so no offence squire ?

Edited by gnasher16
10 minutes ago, sandymere said:

"being intelligent undermines group prejudice, but believing one is superior to others in intelligence reflects and promotes it".

https://theconversation.com/the-strange-links-between-intelligence-and-prejudice-81155

Prejudice is displayed just about everywhere in the animal kingdom.....it’s only human beings that are being mentally conditioned that it’s wrong.

Id argue that it’s a perfectly natural first response defence emotion deeply ingrained in our very DNA.

When a wasp enters an ants nest, 4 million ants swarm round it and kill it......they don’t ask it to enrich their culture or start a carnival ! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Just out of curiosity Jukel......had " Bruce " been a Scot sitting at the bar listening to  " jock c**t,f****n jocks " etc.....would you still of felt the urge to pull the geezer up ?

Or is it just blacks you would spring to the rescue for ?

LIke i say,just curious so no offence squire ?

No I wouldn't. And I accept your point. The situation was really weird and I misjudged it. However, I think racial comments are different, there's something really guttural and unacceptable about shouting/swearing about somebody's skin colour in a crowded pub. Would you be ok with that if you were sat with your Mrs/girlfriend and somebody was screaming racial abuse?  Particularly if there was a black bloke minding his own business at the bar ? I don't think you would bud.

Lots of people will say f'n blacks this and that and explain they are not racist  because they have a good mate who is black, it's just the rest of the blacks they don't like.

Sorry that doesn't cut it,  people who say they have a black friend but that all the others are  b*****ds  are as racist as anyone else, just like the drunk in the pub I described. 

Personally I think we are all racist but we are also capable of rational thought so we have to fight against our inbuilt prejudices.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Prejudice is displayed just about everywhere in the animal kingdom.....it’s only human beings that are being mentally conditioned that it’s wrong.

Id argue that it’s a perfectly natural first response defence emotion deeply ingrained in our very DNA.

When a wasp enters an ants nest, 4 million ants swarm round it and kill it......they don’t ask it to enrich their culture or start a carnival ! 

The liberals will argue that this is what makes us better than animals. But they forget that it has to be enforced by law and so in effect is not a fair comparison. Throughout humanity the repression of human nature has often lead to some bloody consequences when the public have finally had enough and broke free from it. Sarajevo for one.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, jukel123 said:

No I wouldn't. And I accept your point. The situation was really weird and I misjudged it. However, I think racial comments are different, there's something really guttural and unacceptable about shouting/swearing about somebody's skin colour in a crowded pub. Would you be ok with that if you were sat with your Mrs/girlfriend and somebody was screaming racial abuse?  Particularly if there was a black bloke minding his own business at the bar ? I don't think you would bud.

Lots of people will say f'n blacks this and that and explain they are not racist  because they have a good mate who is black, it's just the rest of the blacks they don't like.

Sorry that doesn't cut it,  people who say they have a black friend but that all the others are  b*****ds  are as racist as anyone else, just like the drunk in the pub I described. 

Personally I think we are all racist but we are also capable of rational thought so we have to fight against our inbuilt prejudices.

I agree there. I think we are all racist to a degree and that's perfectly normal. Birds of a feather flock together. The government has flooded our country with people from different cultures and when they learn to treat us all the same then racism will cease to exist. 

8 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I personally think what you done was right mate...regardless of racism etc etc it sounds a bit bullying to me..acting the big man in company where there was no need...your wife dont need to hear that shit, its bad manners...

I mean a bit of swearing etc you expect in a pub, but some blokes have just got to be seen and heard above all else...gets on my tits as well....you were right to tell him to wind his neck in..even if it was only offending you alone

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 4
On 12/09/2019 at 10:37, jukel123 said:

No i wouldnt i hate bad manners so im not saying you was wrong i just dont understand this obligation people seem to think they have in protecting blacks.......dont get me wrong i,ll stand up for anyone i dont think can adequately defend themself but dont you think standing up for a perfectly able chap just because he,s black is almost patronizing him ?

Personally i dont see whats " racist " about simple name calling but thats another subject.

As regards misjudging the situation i do it all the time...plenty of times ive been in the company of women or young ears and told someone to hold their language down only to be told by the women im with  " leave it out its 2019 ".....i guess some traditional old habits are hard to break.

Anyway thanks for explaining sir....some interesting points.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1