THE POLICE IN NORTH YORKSHIRE ?

We were driving home  through Leyburn tonight at 5.30 .and the traffic was very bad on both sides of the road six cars behind us was a Police car with Blue lights on and the Siren going , we had to stay in the flow of traffic as there was no place to pull out the way or stop, slowly the police car overtook  the other cars until it was behind us just as we got to a lay bye and too our surprise it was us he was after ! he asked my Wife "did she know why he stopped us " and she said  No ! he then said Her Number Plate was illegal and there was a £100 on the spot fine  unless the Plates were not changed in Fourteen days , she has had these plates 20 years  and as never had any trouble  but saying that she has never Had a MOT , he also asked Her if her Sunglasses were on Prescription or not , the Copper was polite and Friendly and trying to be helpful and I am 71 and my wife is 66 the car is two years old  and being driven in Slow moving traffic  But Fluck Me Blue lights and Sirens  ???????

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Standard procedure with sex offenders I think

Never made any secret of it. Didn't bother the raggy-lad beaters in over twenty years of bush whacking with them. I don't come on here to spy. I still fish and do mole trapping and used to do a bit of

See, to me, this is where you the cozzer and Joe public part ways.....when you write that it sounds like you take it very seriously (which I’m sure you do/did) but your ordinary bloke who is completel

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, patterdale said:

This might sound a little strange?   but is your car black by chance?  I'll explain when you reply!!

No  the Car Belongs to my Wife and is Metallic Blue, not disputing the legal issue  but Blue Lights and sirens in a Quite Market town with a huge tourist fed economy ………...you have t wonder .  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Any excuse to pull a 4x4 or a motor with dogs in unless they real local. Told me they was checking to see if me car had been nicked haha they told me last week it was due to coursing an lamping, like I said they in Fcuking fire up here this season ?

The last two letters are JC  what a feather in your cap if you can nab the very first Superstar .

• Like 1
1 minute ago, micky said:

No  the Car Belongs to my Wife and is Metallic Blue, not disputing the legal issue  but Blue Lights and sirens in a Quite Market town with a huge tourist fed economy ………...you have t wonder .  

An old friend of mine,being an ex traffic cop once told me that they would play snooker with cars they stopped and kept a tally back at base of daily scores,such as snooker.

Red car-1 point

Yellow car-2 Points......and so on such as snookers balls colour/points.

b*****ds.

• Haha 1

Got pulled over on my motorbike couple of years back coz plate was black with silver lettering & no’s. Copper tried convincing me it was for-my own good as  if bike got nicked it wouldn’t register on anpr cameras etc I stupidly told him he was talking bollox as when he pulled me over all my details inc that i held fire arms license were being relayed over car radio & as he never got within 30 yds of me before he put on blues & twos So he could clearly see plate!!! I had to change plate or fined & he reckoned 3 points??!!! Atb 

9 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Got pulled over on my motorbike couple of years back coz plate was black with silver lettering & no’s. Copper tried convincing me it was for-my own good as  if bike got nicked it wouldn’t register on anpr cameras etc I stupidly told him he was talking bollox as when he pulled me over all my details inc that i held fire arms license were being relayed over car radio & as he never got within 30 yds of me before he put on blues & twos So he could clearly see plate!!! I had to change plate or fined & he reckoned 3 points??!!! Atb 

He told my Mrs that ! well she don't give a toss if the Motor is nicked ! all that that means to Her is she gets a new one that's Clean ! all she is bothered about is all the Drama , there is no need for it , I think that Richmond police should spend a Week in Leicester City Centre to learn Whats What .