THE POLICE IN NORTH YORKSHIRE ?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Standard procedure with sex offenders I think

Never made any secret of it. Didn't bother the raggy-lad beaters in over twenty years of bush whacking with them. I don't come on here to spy. I still fish and do mole trapping and used to do a bit of

See, to me, this is where you the cozzer and Joe public part ways.....when you write that it sounds like you take it very seriously (which I’m sure you do/did) but your ordinary bloke who is completel

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, WILF said:

Fair enough, I may not completely agree with your sentiment but I can respect the way you have conducted yourself in your reply.

Everyone see’s things different and I am cool with that.

For me the OP has put his wife in this embarrassing position and that is why he is trying to divert the blame. He's lucky he wasn't in the car at the time because I reckon that he would have talked himself into more trouble.

18 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

For me the OP has put his wife in this embarrassing position and that is why he is trying to divert the blame. He's lucky he wasn't in the car at the time because I reckon that he would have talked himself into more trouble.

Mate, leave off, you are retired.....you dont have to talk like that any more ! Lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, WILF said:

See, to me, this is where you the cozzer and Joe public part ways.....when you write that it sounds like you take it very seriously (which I’m sure you do/did) but your ordinary bloke who is completely law abiding 99.99999% of the time and after sitting watching the evening news with reports of people being murdered right, left and centre, gangs of Asians raping young girls at will for years on end, home invasion, car theft, violent crime........that bloke can not for one minute fathom why you are wasting your time hassling him about his number plate.

Nor can any other sane person who lives in the normal sphere of life and who don’t work for a government so obviously greedy for fines and income any way they can get it.

He supports the police in the work they do and then, BANG!, he has an encounter like this and thinks “what the f**k?”

All of a sudden, there’s another bloke who thinks “f**k em, pricks!” And I don’t see how that helps you do a job that could get done 10 times better with a public fully on board.......to me, it dont make any sense.

jmho of course 

Edited to add:

Theres an old saying “Pick your battles” and I think in a lot of day to day interaction  with the general public the police seem to be picking the wrong ones......they are giving the builder a ticket for doing 35 in a 30 when the bloke may have had all the tools nicked out of his van a week previous and nobody even turned up at his house when he phoned up to report it because it’s just so common.

Hit the nail on head. What most of the public regard as worth investigating/prosecuting not the same as hitting crime "targets" as seen by police force.

• Like 2

I talk like that because that is the way I am  and always have been. ?

What this thread is all about is nothing to do with Nth Yorkshire Police really. It is diverting the blame from the one who should have just shut up and taken it on the chin.

3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

What this thread is all about is nothing to do with Nth Yorkshire Police really. It is diverting the blame from the one who should have just shut up and taken it on the chin.

With the greatest respect mate, no ordinary bloke talks like that.....only cozzers.

Only to be expected in fairness if you spent your working life as a cozzer.

atb 

1 minute ago, hambone said:

Hit the nail on head. What most of the public regard as worth investigating/prosecuting not the same as hitting crime "targets" as seen by police force.

The way I look at it is that if I was sent to a crime scene to take a report and investigate I might pick up a clue or clues. I might recognise the MO and I could get some useful information off the complainant and possibly neighbours. There is nothing like being a victim of crime to make people say things that they wouldn't normally say to the police. In the olden days I would have gone to every incident on my beat which was two pit villages. By the end I could have crimes in my file from all four corners of the district and no time to do anything about the, because of the relentless calls coming over the radio.

The gaffers don't see that. All they see are budgets and when speed cameras are bringing in revenue that is more important than your house burglary that costs the force money in officer's time and possibly expensive forensic examination costs.

It is all about money.

5 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

can't really argue with that either. ?

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

With the greatest respect mate, no ordinary bloke talks like that.....only cozzers.

Only to be expected in fairness if you spent your working life as a cozzer.

atb 

I was a Production Controller, Shop Manager, Car Salesman & Milkman before I joined up and have been just the same all my life. I even had school reports saying the same. ?

Just now, baker boy said:

Was you a copper in 84-85

No. Co-op Dairy at that time. I drove the slowest milk cart in the west.

But I know what you are getting at. Coming from mining stock it was a difficult time for a lot of folk.

3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I was a Production Controller, Shop Manager, Car Salesman & Milkman before I joined up and have been just the same all my life. I even had school reports saying the same. ?

Bet you were popular ! Lol

(just having a laugh by the way)

I can remember a few years back I got pulled for not wearing a seat belt, I argued black and blue I was wearing it, even though I wasn't. I argued that much the bobby said fair enough wait here sir. He radioed in for a traffic car, they went through my motor with a fine tooth comb, cost me £200 in various fines plus the seat belt fine. After the traffic cops left he took me back to his car and played back a recording of me putting my belt on as I was being pulled over..........he went on to tell me if I had never argued I would have been £200 better off and be sat at home. with my feet up by now............If I get pulled now I shut my gob lol

Now the name calling has started  I will show the plate that called for  Blue lights and sirens  on a quite country lane  on a hot late summers day in dense traffic , it also held us up for over an hour after a 3 /1/2 hour drive .

DSCF2213.JPG

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, delswal said:

I can remember a few years back I got pulled for not wearing a seat belt, I argued black and blue I was wearing it, even though I wasn't. I argued that much the bobby said fair enough wait here sir. He radioed in for a traffic car, they went through my motor with a fine tooth comb, cost me £200 in various fines plus the seat belt fine. After the traffic cops left he took me back to his car and played back a recording of me putting my belt on as I was being pulled over..........he went on to tell me if I had never argued I would have been £200 better off and be sat at home. with my feet up by now............If I get pulled now I shut my gob lol

Got a pull in a van going past Buckingham Palace one night (no vans allowed round there).....my pal was driving and he has a massive scar down his chest from a heart bypass and at the time wasn’t required to ware a seat belt because of this.

Nice young lady copper spots his lack of seat belt and says “unless you have a god excuse is there a reason you don’t have your seat belt on?”

He pulls open his shirt like superman and says “actually, I have!” 

Had a bit of a laugh with her, no ticket and off we went.

I also got a tug in the van at a security checkpoint, they were pointing MP5’s at me as I went to open the back and then one of them spots the “WHUFC” I had written in the dirt on the back.

”You a West Ham fan?” He asks so I say “course I am, you ain’t a f***ing yid are you ?”

And he laughs and says “No, West Ham mate.....on your way” 

• Haha 1