THE POLICE IN NORTH YORKSHIRE ?

Change the car before any MOT is due. Which leads us to who fitted the non conforming plates? I can't see that a new car dealer would risk a fine by fitting these plates so the OP may have had them made as 'show plates' and fitted them themselves. Anyone including myself can lose concentration and drift above the speed limit. Anyone including myself can pick up a mobile phone and have a quick look to see who has just called or sent a text. But to deliberately have unlawful custom plates made and have them fitted to a succession of cars is not necessity or oversight. It is vanity, pure and simple. Might be trivial. But you are placing yourself above the law for no other reason. A VDR entails that you visit a MOT station with conforming plates fitted, pay the small fee to the garage and send the completed paperwork in. No fine. No points.

The manner of the stop  might or might not be able to be explained; I've followed cars I wanted to stop for almost a mile with blues and flashing headlights on and the driver hasn't seen them or reacted to them. Only when the horns are deployed do you get the driver's full attention.  Same when you are trying to make progress. The blues help, but the twos are the thing that gets you noticed.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Standard procedure with sex offenders I think

Never made any secret of it. Didn't bother the raggy-lad beaters in over twenty years of bush whacking with them. I don't come on here to spy. I still fish and do mole trapping and used to do a bit of

See, to me, this is where you the cozzer and Joe public part ways.....when you write that it sounds like you take it very seriously (which I’m sure you do/did) but your ordinary bloke who is completel

Posted Images

To be fair I think you're lucky you have some Police. They are near extinct here the only type of Police I see around here is a Community Officer driving around in a van. He works bloody hard keeping the pissed up beggars and smack heads in order.

Cheers Arry

Private plates are used a lot on cloned vehicles? possibly just in the wrong place at the wrong time, don’t take it personally, heard a tale recently were so many range rovers in an area were being stolen(good ole keyless entry) the local police were told to stop everyone they saw just to check it was the registered owner in the motor, look on the bright side obviously made a boring journey into an adventure ✌️✌️

2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Change the car before any MOT is due. Which leads us to who fitted the non conforming plates? I can't see that a new car dealer would risk a fine by fitting these plates so the OP may have had them made as 'show plates' and fitted them themselves. Anyone including myself can lose concentration and drift above the speed limit. Anyone including myself can pick up a mobile phone and have a quick look to see who has just called or sent a text. But to deliberately have unlawful custom plates made and have them fitted to a succession of cars is not necessity or oversight. It is vanity, pure and simple. Might be trivial. But you are placing yourself above the law for no other reason. A VDR entails that you visit a MOT station with conforming plates fitted, pay the small fee to the garage and send the completed paperwork in. No fine. No points.

The manner of the stop  might or might not be able to be explained; I've followed cars I wanted to stop for almost a mile with blues and flashing headlights on and the driver hasn't seen them or reacted to them. Only when the horns are deployed do you get the driver's full attention.  Same when you are trying to make progress. The blues help, but the twos are the thing that gets you noticed.

What a Holier than Thou attitude you have it makes you appear a right PRICK , you are saying that it is OK to use your phone and drift over the speed limit   but I don't and my wife don't and to be honest I would much prefer  driving down the Motorway  behind some one with one letter of their Number|Plate an inch out of place  than some Tramp Brained  Turd doing the Ton  and Texting 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

You a cop ?

???   ; I've followed cars I wanted to stop for almost a mile with blues and flashing headlights on and the driver hasn't seen them or reacted to them. Only when the horns are deployed do you get the driver's full attention.  Same when you are trying to make progress. The blues help, but the twos are the thing that gets you noticed.

penny dropped

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
12 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Got pulled over on my motorbike couple of years back coz plate was black with silver lettering & no’s. Copper tried convincing me it was for-my own good as  if bike got nicked it wouldn’t register on anpr cameras etc I stupidly told him he was talking bollox as when he pulled me over all my details inc that i held fire arms license were being relayed over car radio & as he never got within 30 yds of me before he put on blues & twos So he could clearly see plate!!! I had to change plate or fined & he reckoned 3 points??!!! Atb 

I got pulled over on my bike about 5 years ago for a small number plate. £30 on the spot fine, no points. I tried arguing that there were many smaller plates out there, and he said "If you just pay this, we won't look any closer at your loud exhaust."

Just been into a commercial MOT testing station  they deal mainly with Lorrys and 4x4  the Foreman came out  to take a picture and told us that they let nothing go at that place but he would have been happy to have past it  he even brought a couple of lads out of the workshop to have a look one of them told me the car was probably Pinged ???????

3 hours ago, micky said:

What a Holier than Thou attitude you have it makes you appear a right PRICK , you are saying that it is OK to use your phone and drift over the speed limit   but I don't and my wife don't and to be honest I would much prefer  driving down the Motorway  behind some one with one letter of their Number|Plate an inch out of place  than some Tramp Brained  Turd doing the Ton  and Texting 

You saying that you can always manage to stay within the speed limit? I can't and when the letter arrives I pay the fine and don't go moaning all over social media about the wrongs of it all. If I pick up the phone to see whether I need to stop and return the call and got pulled for it. I would just accept the penalty.

But, people who put non-conforming number plates on are just sticking two fingers up to society. There is no need for it and no excuse if they get pulled. Same with those parking in disabled bays and causing dangerous obstructions while they nip into the shops. "I'll only be a minute!" But the collision happens in seconds.

Funnily enough I went through a period where I dealt with several hundred collision reports in around 14 or 15 months. Not one was caused by anyone on a mobile phone. If you check the national statistics the number of reports involving phone use is minimal. They just get a lot of press. 

And, on the subject of looking like a prick:  if you are following someone down the motorway and they are doing 100mph plus then they are no danger to you anyway unless you too are speeding. Think about it. :doh:

2 hours ago, micky said:

Just been into a commercial MOT testing station  they deal mainly with Lorrys and 4x4  the Foreman came out  to take a picture and told us that they let nothing go at that place but he would have been happy to have past it  he even brought a couple of lads out of the workshop to have a look one of them told me the car was probably Pinged ???????

Pinged means you set off an anpr alarm in the police car, but as you are obviously the only owner from new I very much doubt it, the type of stuff I drive tends to get pinged quite a bit depending on how naughty the people I,ve bought it off have been, once your car has been involved in anything naughty or you are a known person of interest you have your details fed into a computer that is fitted to most police vehicles and every time you pass one they get a ping which tells them to stop you  ✌️✌️✌️

not been in trouble myself with the law for almost 25 yrs....but everytime I'm stopped by the police ,I'm told too turn off engine and sit in the car until armed response tip up and search me ?......I don't own a firearm and never will lol....did 1 silly thing at 14 and still having shit for it?

they would be better off catching the real trouble makers imo but that would be too much like hard work for the tired cnuts......they wonder why the general public have lost faith in em?

• Like 4