Balaur

Local wander

Been getting out with the busher whilst runner is kennel bound, some nice spots, unfortunately most of the local woodland is full of three strands of barb, but the busher just runs under, they're grazing a lot of long horn in these forests, for environmental reasons apparently but they seem to turn all the little water sources to bog and mud, Muller young trees and sapling , and obviously don't eat the bracken but everything else trying to survive amongst it. On the plus side paths are kept clear and they do keep some cover down and fertilise a fair few plants, pretty chilled out too. But the barb everywhere does my head it and they don't clear old stuff just put new up nearby.

IMG-20190907-WA0002.jpeg

IMG_20190907_173221958.jpg

IMG_20190907_173035505.jpg

Most the places i bush have roaming cattle and horses but you never really get near them in all fairness. Regards wire think ya gotta try n let the dogs find out early as possible it hurts.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1

Yep well the new stuff is more visible but the older stuff is hard to sport and if flat out it's just gonna garrotte the dog. Especially if said dogs been abroad for couple of years and never seen a fence lol.

I'm not talking about sheep fencing just three single strands on a post but in forest and scrub some of it completely hidden from sight by bracken etc.

Aye i know the sort of fence ya mean the sort that keeps cattle in. If ya come accros a fence here id say 70 per cent of it is 3 strand like ya say without the old stuff even bieng took out. Can be annoying stuff but what can ya do. Where was ya at abroad and did ya do much hunting ?

Edited by C.green

Romania and no, lol, vast fields that went on for miles didn't really have the right dogs for terrain or enough time there to get them fit etc, did a bit of beating joined local hunt chased a few bits but was always rushed between trying to build a house and spend time with family then shoot back off for work... Much happier now we're based back in UK 

Well if ya fancy a little bit of bushing away from them fences give me a shout im right down south but few bits there to go at 👍🏻

• Like 1

Cheers , still got loads of exploring to do here, early days got a couple of little spots to mooch in, just need to find the right footpath haha...

10 minutes ago, day and night walker said:

Horrible stuff that, should be called barbaric wire. 

Caught my balls on it more than I’ve had hot dinners , worse when trying to climb over it and the bottom wire gives out sending ya balls strait down on the top wire 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like your fairly chilled Joe, by the pics?

Nice to see 👍

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1