FX chronograph

On 10/09/2019 at 19:53, philpot said:

My 47fpe sounds positively low on power Mitch compared to your set up although I am using AA Fields at 25.4gr which works fine. My Crombo is bloody useless with fac and I very stupidly sold my other chrono so at present not testing / checking power (very naughty) other than when at the rfd who tests on the Skan unit. 

I am putting .22lr back on ticket because they are a bit better in high winds that we have been getting this year but will be using HV ammo.

Phil

Still a place for FAC air Phil , there is a lot you can’t do with 22lr and 17 HMR .

i am holding back at the moment on my .22 and 17 HMR  , couple of reasons , 17 with noise and with the .22 lr with rounds bouncing around plus my impact can do the same as a 22 lr .  Also I don’t know what guns to buy yet . Heard good and bad things about tikka also has a plastic stock , ok I can buy after market stock but then you are getting up to Anschutz money  .

Most  say just buy a CZ , HW  or  Anschutz if you are feeling flush 

On 12/09/2019 at 07:55, villaman said:

Still a place for FAC air Phil , there is a lot you can’t do with 22lr and 17 HMR .

i am holding back at the moment on my .22 and 17 HMR  , couple of reasons , 17 with noise and with the .22 lr with rounds bouncing around plus my impact can do the same as a 22 lr .  Also I don’t know what guns to buy yet . Heard good and bad things about tikka also has a plastic stock , ok I can buy after market stock but then you are getting up to Anschutz money  .

Most  say just buy a CZ , HW  or  Anschutz if you are feeling flush 

I sold my Anschutz .22lr because I didn't get on with the stock and my Impact would do just as well but it falls down in windy conditions and the .22lr with extra weight of slug and the advantage of hv ammo.................................however my Impact is and will stay as my 'go to gun'. I am going next week to look at a few .22lr rifles

Phil

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 17:08, villaman said:

JSB 33.9 gr

I also use 33.9 JSB's in my Royale 500 .25 and either my Chrony has seen better days or I am way under powered and time to tune the regulator but the top range of my velocity is only 860 fps with a shot count of only 65 before the velocity starts to head south. I believe the regulator is set at 110 bar but don't hold me to it, I had it for over a year and it is superbly accurate, so I have been hesitant to muck about with it as I have hardly missed bunnies out to even 100. Have you guys had much to tuning the regulator for more velocity, kind of need a step by step on this.

Thanks

Welcome aboard FX

My reg is set to 140 on my Impact .25 which is the factory setting and I had no reason to 'tune' it but when I see what output Mitch (villaman) has with his Mk2. I do wonder if it is worth sending it off for a tune. The jury is out on that to be honest as I don't have a problem with the performance as it is so why mess with it. ???????

Phil

• Like 1
4 hours ago, philpot said:

Welcome aboard FX

My reg is set to 140 on my Impact .25 which is the factory setting and I had no reason to 'tune' it but when I see what output Mitch (villaman) has with his Mk2. I do wonder if it is worth sending it off for a tune. The jury is out on that to be honest as I don't have a problem with the performance as it is so why mess with it. ???????

Phil

Leave it Phil until it needs a service then think about it 

• Like 1
On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 18:07, philpot said:

Welcome aboard FX

Phil

Hi Phil, Mitch ,, I got an answer back from Liam, he basically recommended that if I'm around 860-870 fps with the MK11 heavies that is where I should be, the Regulator is indeed set at factory to 120 bar, some are slightly higher, he said that to try and do anything after this will come at a cost of either shot count, accuracy, or both, As I am not suffering accuracy issues or shot count from what the factory publishes, best let sleeping dogs lay.

Edited by FX Hunter
  • Like 3