FX chronograph

Yesterday  testing both impact and crown but with my crombo getting results which didn’t seem right , 1350 FPS and reading 61 fpe . Made sure all info I put in was right and it was , So ordered a FX chronograph yesterday and came today, time for testing begins 

, I must say what a nice accurate device it is . Tested the crown and with in 5 FPS spread @ 981 - 976 FPS  about 38 ft/lbs with AA fields 18.1 gr 

FX impact .25 running @ 1010 FPS about 77 ft/lbs  

Happy days are here again , who needs .22 lr !!

2 hours ago, vizlauk said:

And I remember you singing the praises of the crombo chrono not that long ago ,  when I said they were cack!

Make your mind up

They are great for sub 12 and not high powered facair , but I do remember you had problems with them oh and the impact oh and the discovery all at the same time , not user error was it by any chance :laugh:

12 hours ago, villaman said:

Yesterday  testing both impact and crown but with my crombo getting results which didn’t seem right , 1350 FPS and reading 61 fpe . Made sure all info I put in was right and it was , So ordered a FX chronograph yesterday and came today, time for testing begins 

, I must say what a nice accurate device it is . Tested the crown and with in 5 FPS spread @ 981 - 976 FPS  about 38 ft/lbs with AA fields 18.1 gr 

FX impact .25 running @ 1010 FPS about 77 ft/lbs  

Happy days are here again , who needs .22 lr !!

77fpe on your impact that's got some clout what pellets do you use...

9 hours ago, villaman said:

They are great for sub 12 and not high powered facair , but I do remember you had problems with them oh and the impact oh and the discovery all at the same time , not user error was it by any chance :laugh:

Correct , crombo chronographs are not accurate, I had 2 at the same time both giving false results, the discovery scope was useless, clear scope but you could not turn the sf or mag adjustments ( the gun shop no longer sells them because they had so many returned with faults, the impact was also faulty, more so after it came back from a so called tuner, if something is cack I say so ! 

• Like 2

Shot count must be terrible in them to guns I really can't see the point in having them up that high I have my mk2 impact running at 875 with aa 25 grn and getting 120 shots per fill and knocking bunny's over at 100 yrds with ease people Watch them daft yanks on u tube and think there's has to be the same I just don't get it

• Like 1
3 hours ago, pav said:

Shot count must be terrible in them to guns I really can't see the point in having them up that high I have my mk2 impact running at 875 with aa 25 grn and getting 120 shots per fill and knocking bunny's over at 100 yrds with ease people Watch them daft yanks on u tube and think there's has to be the same I just don't get it

Got the 25 gr running at 1047 found pellet is more stable at distance and still getting 65 shots per fill 

Each to there own , same with anything in life

2 hours ago, villaman said:

Got the 25 gr running at 1047 found pellet is more stable at distance and still getting 65 shots per fill 

Each to there own , same with anything in life

Surely the 34 grn would be better at those speeds mitch a few people have told me to go with the heavier pellet but it took long enuf to set it up as it is I'm leaving it

I have this week off at the moment so will try different set up with different pellets 

The 34 original seem to be better than mk2 and at 75 yards pellet on pellet. If the weather is kind to me this week , I will push out the distance 

If I find the pellets are not good at 100 + yards then I will put it all back to 60 ft/lbs with the 34 gr

17 hours ago, villaman said:

I have this week off at the moment so will try different set up with different pellets 

The 34 original seem to be better than mk2 and at 75 yards pellet on pellet. If the weather is kind to me this week , I will push out the distance 

If I find the pellets are not good at 100 + yards then I will put it all back to 60 ft/lbs with the 34 gr

Do you have to reset the starting point for the hammer spring adjustment to get the power up there?  38 ft lb in .22 seems like a useful output for what I could use, and then turn it down when required. It’s the crown I’m more interested in ( as you probably know vm ). Still haven’t put a variation in yet though ?. I’ve been using reduced velocity .22 rimfire loads but I’m sure the crown would cover that better for me. I thought the crown only went up to around 32 ft lb in .22, but if it can go up to the high 30’s that’s more appealing to me for use with a heavier pellet. What is the shot count like at 38 ft lb with the crown? Sorry for all the questions vm?. Oh and I just thought of another question, is 38 ft lb the max in .22 or do they go higher than that? Just interested ??sorry.

If I have the crown hammer spring maxed out and dial on max and other dial on. 30 reg on 135 bar with 18 grn I can only get it to 35ftlb but its loud and groupings all over the place after adjusting everything it's running at 31.5ftlb alot quieter and groupings are great think that's around 880fps

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Do you have to reset the starting point for the hammer spring adjustment to get the power up there?  38 ft lb in .22 seems like a useful output for what I could use, and then turn it down when required. It’s the crown I’m more interested in ( as you probably know vm ). Still haven’t put a variation in yet though ?. I’ve been using reduced velocity .22 rimfire loads but I’m sure the crown would cover that better for me. I thought the crown only went up to around 32 ft lb in .22, but if it can go up to the high 30’s that’s more appealing to me for use with a heavier pellet. What is the shot count like at 38 ft lb with the crown? Sorry for all the questions vm?. Oh and I just thought of another question, is 38 ft lb the max in .22 or do they go higher than that? Just interested ??sorry.

33 fpe with 18 gr as standard and really quiet, but I do have a ratworks shroud/ silencer on it . I had a tune done on the crown last week and maxed out it will reach 45 fpe but found out the best speed for 18 and 16 gr pellets to day and both running at 37 fpe . And both pellets are spot on on the same zero plus same mill dots holdover. Still shooting about 80/90 shots per fill 

The whole gun is smother , quieter and shoots far better than standard, which I must admit I thought would not be possible, but worth every penny on the tune  imo 

After setting it up to day in my indoor range , I stepped out side and pigeon landed on telegraph pole ,after feeding on the new drilled field . Dropped it at about 123 yards stone dead with 16 gr pellet 

• Like 2

My 47fpe sounds positively low on power Mitch compared to your set up although I am using AA Fields at 25.4gr which works fine. My Crombo is bloody useless with fac and I very stupidly sold my other chrono so at present not testing / checking power (very naughty) other than when at the rfd who tests on the Skan unit. 

I am putting .22lr back on ticket because they are a bit better in high winds that we have been getting this year but will be using HV ammo.

Phil

2 hours ago, philpot said:

My 47fpe sounds positively low on power Mitch compared to your set up although I am using AA Fields at 25.4gr which works fine. My Crombo is bloody useless with fac and I very stupidly sold my other chrono so at present not testing / checking power (very naughty) other than when at the rfd who tests on the Skan unit. 

I am putting .22lr back on ticket because they are a bit better in high winds that we have been getting this year but will be using HV ammo.

Phil

The right move , try the cci velocitor, very good indeed

• Thanks 1