Last cut

Went out for a quick shine earlier.  Called in this vixen and had to shout at her to get her to stop.  Dropped her at no more than 40 yards.

Saw another 2, but 1 of them I couldn't get a safe shot, the other one took off as soon as the lamp hit it.

20190907_220618.1.jpg

• Like 4

I think they are called the Acme 504 , I used to use a brass one , I think it was called a WAM . The only calls I use now are my Icotec and my hand/mouth  . The way I drive around spotting it’s very often just to stop them and turn them . The Icotec is good to set up and sit back and wait . 

• Like 1

I think they are called the Acme 504 , I used to use a brass one , I think it was called a WAM . The only calls I use now are my Icotec and my hand/mouth  . The way I drive around spotting it’s very often just to stop them and turn them . The Icotec is good to set up and sit back and wait . 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

What Icotec you got?  Thinking of getting one

On 08/09/2019 at 12:51, lllluke1 said:

What Icotec you got?  Thinking of getting one

I’ve got the gc 350 model , you can download different calls onto an SD card , one call I would recommend is the pheasant distress . The beauty of these type of callers is you can set them well away from your shooting position and if you think about wind / breeze you will be undetected by foxes . You  can activate and control volume or change the call remotely. I’ve also got the “quiver critter “ type attachment. I’ve used this and had success with it , but I wonder weather they would have appeared anyway without it . I think these are a fantastic bit of kit for lying in wait for foxes , icotec are not the only make there are others out there , but I think they are reasonably priced.