A few of these on this perm

Hit the old perm last night

at first i thought i was not going to get any thing nothing around at all did not see one

so i was going to pack up and go home and call it a night but after i walked back to the tank i saw a little kit about the size of my fist

i just let it go but it made me think mmmmm another walk around may be needed .

had a talk with the land owner and off i went the next one was not long after that i had to take a double take what the feck is that

by now the light was fading and my eyes are not that good any more lol i got closer to have a better look

it was a black and white rabbit there have been a few of these on this old perm over the years of different colors and sizes

any way it took off so on i went first one in the bag came not long after that 48yrds (paced )

second was 38yrds .

Now this white and black one was in the back of my head so i went back to have another look this time it was up at the top of the castle

i took aim and let a jsb 15,89 gr go it was lights out .

three in the bag  so i went back to the tank and skinned and gutted them wrapped them in cling film I was going to call it a night but i had one more walk around the paddocks .

Saw one two paddocks a way Now this crown is as accurate as any rifle iv had even the hw100 and raider so i thought just take it from here close to 70yrds i lent on a fence post took aim and down it went i just love this rifle

it boosts my confidence no end its like having my old raider single shot back it feels like part of me if you know what i mean 

if i miss its me not the rifle

Let me tell you lads if your thinking of getting one GET IT honest its one hell of a rifle my impact did not match up to no where near this rifle iv not shot like this for years not one of the rabbits were taken on zero 35yrds,,, all above zero .

I can see why Mitch picks his up every time he go,s out shooting there just some thing else

Any way called it a night after that and headed home freezer is full now need a bigger one lol

time to drop some rabbits off to the oldies and the rest to the dog lads

Only the 4 but what started off as a bad night ended ok in the end .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

IMG_20190906_201122.jpg

IMG_20190906_201943.jpg

IMG_20190906_205855.jpg

IMG_20190906_210044.jpg

IMG_20190906_220609.jpg

IMG_20190906_220849.jpg

IMG_20190906_230048.jpg

IMG_20190906_230654.jpg

IMG_20190906_235910.jpg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, big napper said:

Good going mac, sound like youv got a cracking rifle there mate, i havent seen any coloured ones for ages, used to see a good few black ones before, 

First one for a long time mind John

but used to come across them all the time at one time

as for the rifle its a keeper for sure

• Like 1
On 08/09/2019 at 11:12, Deker said:

I have one site where I see white ones, but this is fairly recent, black in a few places, but not shot/seen one that looks like that before!

:thumbs:

Thought it was a cat at first thats why i got closer to make sure it was not lol

we (me and viz) HAVE HAD THEM GINGER WHITE AND GINGER WHITE WITH LONG COATS

SO ON AND SO ON

some looked like show rabbits some big and i mean big ones twice or three times the size of a normal rabbit and some not much bigger than a kit but fully grown

you just dont know what your going to come across on this perm lol

more than likely been dumped by some one when they have out lived there usefulness

and they have bread with the wild ones .

21 hours ago, ftm said:

Not about numbers jimmy .you went out you enjoyed yourself   jobs a good un

Out again yesterday and last night just setting up the rifles in day time and out on the hunt at night billy only got one with the crown but Sean got three with the 22lr

but had a good day and night any way Billy

like you sayd billy we were out mate and it was fun

best part was shooting the 17hmr at over 100yrds and putting the bullet in the same holes as seans

IMG_20190908_225659.jpg

• Like 2