.22 LR at 200 yds ?

I have a Sako Finnfire Range, (Mk1 version) gathering dust and im thinking about setting it up for longer range targets, (200 yds being the goal).

I have a set of FX No Limit rings on the way to give me plenty of adjustment and have an old high mag  Leupold to get started with.

From what i can find online Im expecting from a 50yd zero to have about 55" of drop at 200yds.

Anybody tried .22LR at longer distances ?

34 minutes ago, 452varmint said:

? great stuff

you wan to subscribe to his youtube channel if long range is your thing, hes a rare bloke:thumbs:

think hes the only bloke on youtube who doesn't peddle other peoples stuff.. he buys everything him self and if its crap he tells you. 

46 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Ok so it's not windy so thought I would give it a go. Two turns up on the turret.

6"X10" target. 30 shots including spotting shots for elevation and ten on target. Not to bad for an auto with not too fine a trigger and off hand.

IMG_20190908_161245.jpg.3f2ed408397111808d1cd2e05ccbb0cf.jpg

Thats some shooting of hand, I was using a bipod when I was shooting. ?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Ok so it's not windy so thought I would give it a go. Two turns up on the turret.

6"X10" target. 30 shots including spotting shots for elevation and ten on target. Not to bad for an auto with not too fine a trigger and off hand.

IMG_20190908_161245.jpg.3f2ed408397111808d1cd2e05ccbb0cf.jpg

Hope the missus doesn't want her chopping board.

Edited by Alsone
  • Haha 2