Kibble

10 minutes ago, dodger said:

It's just another interest for me tbh and I'd never try to advice someone else's way as I genuinely think that my dogs look no better than many others as I said earlier I see some dogs fed on something like dr johns n nothing else so I wouldn't say why do you feed that shit if there dogs do well on it so more of a shared interest thing really in how others do it, I do think aswell that a lot of people can over think things and in a lot of cases you just get good stock men that seem to have the nack of always having there dogs right whatever they do n feed.

Got ya also every dogs different some look terrible on good meat but do well on dry stuff and vice versa for instance I have the body of a Greek god and I only eat beans

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The feeding of lurchers has become really complicated...? I don't keep, performance dogs or racers and coursers,..just hedgerow mouchers.  So,..I've always subscribed to the notion, that a l

Autarky salmon and r.a.w. They scoff anything back anytime. They love tripe and sheep heads.

These topics remind me of veggies they rave on about not needing to eat meat then have to take supplements because they don't eat it ?

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Black neck said:

Got ya also every dogs different some look terrible on good meat but do well on dry stuff and vice versa for instance I have the body of a Greek god and I only eat beans

Always thought Buddha was Nepalese not Greek..... You live & learn ?. Atb

• Haha 1

my aul ma was a domestic in an old folks ward in a hospital when i was younger every night she would bring the bahn maries from the hot plate at work home my first lurcher and terriers where fed on the ward left overs and whatever else i could catch beg borrow or steal none them dogs even saw kibble, another thing when i think back i cant remember as many obese pet dogs from back then haha probably because everyone just turned them out in the morning and hoped they came back of an evening....

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

my aul ma was a domestic in an old folks ward in a hospital when i was younger every night she would bring the bahn maries from the hot plate at work home my first lurcher and terriers where fed on the ward left overs and whatever else i could catch beg borrow or steal none them dogs even saw kibble, another thing when i think back i cant remember as many obese pet dogs from back then haha probably because everyone just turned them out in the morning and hoped they came back of an evening....

If you’ve got the time and patience to do it, you won’t beat the old fashioned method, brown bread, pasta, meat, tripe, veg etc. Kibbles definitely easier especially if you’ve got a few dogs just a scoop in to a bag, add a bit of meat and you’re done, but you can’t knock the old school feeding style IMO

• Like 1

Variety is the spice of life and diet, I use a complete as base but for example, last night it had a couple of chicken drumsticks and lamb breast added, this morning the left over from yesterdays pork chops, roast pots, veg etc. Its rarely just complete...........................

2 hours ago, jackthelad said:

Yep, in the 80's my Mam was a school dinner lady and mine were fed almost nothing but leftovers for years.

Think i remember the odd bag of Winalot or tin of Chappie but that stuff was too expensive. Mine dined on what kids didn't like, sliced beef, lamb, faggots, etc, with cheese pie, chips and semolina too. Sponge pudding an custard some days.

They feckin thrived on it..! ?

cant give you a like bosun but thumbs up wish i could get leftovers like that now it never all went to the dogs like you say what we weans never ate the dogs got it and back then we walked miles for a run i can hand on heart say those dogs back then done more work and more walking than anything iv had since happy days dogging school with a pack of mongrels 

• Like 3

When I worked at a greyhound kennels they used to use this with some meat n veg the dogs did well on from what I can remember, I ain't seen any for years now does anybody still use it..

IMG_0462.JPG

23 minutes ago, dodger said:

When I worked at a greyhound kennels they used to use this with some meat n veg the dogs did well on from what I can remember, I ain't seen any for years now does anybody still use it..

IMG_0462.JPG

Used 2 use that only in the winter tho was expensive but too a teenage black neck it was the dogs bollox mek your dog run twice as fast 1 bowl o the wafcol and u best mind the dog dunt tek off 

Orderd a bag last year fecking shite

• Haha 4