Kibble

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The feeding of lurchers has become really complicated...? I don't keep, performance dogs or racers and coursers,..just hedgerow mouchers.  So,..I've always subscribed to the notion, that a l

Autarky salmon and r.a.w. They scoff anything back anytime. They love tripe and sheep heads.

These topics remind me of veggies they rave on about not needing to eat meat then have to take supplements because they don't eat it ?

Posted Images

Skinners wasn't bad when I was in Blighty. Here, I tend to feed raw more than anything due to the state of kibble (a decent brand will break the bank at 60€ a smallish bag)

Those pig trotters are a God send in the mountains. Plenty of fats and meat to keep them going, added with a bit of fatty/meaty butcher scraps. He'll easily go through a kilo and a trotter a day, when we go high up and never looks bad or loses condition and we can be away and at it, for days ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just quick update been feeding my 3 lurchers on Royal Canin for last 6weeks just gradually adding more each week & cutting back on raw. They still get meat with it but get just kibble 2/3 times a week. Shit been firm but a lot less of it? Ive always thought they all had good coats but have noticed coats improved.  I know winter coats coming through but still better than usual.  Energy levels good aswell ? Atb

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I gave the Lidl stuff a go after reading on here about it and it went through my spaniels like a hot ball bearing thru butter. Tried it dry had weird yellowish shit, tried it soaked and got sloppy yellowish shit. Back to Dr Johns and no prob. Also boil up chicken mince with veg and pasta or rice with no problems.

2 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Hi bud its £44 for a 15kg bag. Atb

I know the police use royal cannin after a dog had me backed in a corner copper told me most use r c so must be sponsored by them think he said that particular dog which was a Belgium Mali which looked real well was on r c maxi..

Edited by dodger
  • 7 months later...
On 07/09/2019 at 22:30, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

I’ve tried that complete from Lidl aswell over the summer a few years ago and also couldn’t believe how well they looked off it, kept good shine on the coat and had small firm poo ? think it was only about £7 a bag

I to tried a bag of this as a mixer just based on good reviews n I found they liked it n there stools was easy to pick up aswell as not goin to much only drawback for me was they didn't seem to be able to maintain weight on it..

Edited by dodger

Does raw actually make that much of a difference than a kibble that suits your dog? Yes dogs evolved from the wolf but in by doing so they became more accustomed to carbs by living with humans. Even wolves don't just eat meat alone. 

What advantages do you actually see? They don't live any older or anything so what improves? 

Edited by Greb147
39 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Does raw actually make that much of a difference than a kibble that suits your dog? Yes dogs evolved from the wolf but in by doing so they became more accustomed to carbs by living with humans. Even wolves don't just eat meat alone. 

What advantages do you actually see? They don't live any older or anything so what improves? 

Won’t go far wrong with a mix of both, I think they generally look better when they’re getting meat as well.

Dont think one or the other is the answer because feeding purely a BARF diet I’ve noticed they struggle to hold weight when they’re being worked hard