Pre Season

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogs have been getting trotted about 25 mile a week for the last month or so getting them tightened up ready for the season, just waiting for the ground to get softened up a bit now and its full steam

We are ready. 

Yes I have to admit it gives me ‘an enormous sense of well being” driving up to Dartmoor at first light walking round watching rabbits disappear time and time again  ,driving back and feeding the dog

Posted Images

Ron those electric motor bikes are competing against petrol equivalents and beating them in races?no noise pollution  to spook horses and them f***ing ramblers moaning when your on the back wheel going past them  ?,can even get them road registered ,need to do your CBT like for a shitty 50 cc depending on what licenses you have.shop in Newport does them on hp,couple of hundred deposit and £100 a month?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Ron those electric motor bikes are competing against petrol equivalents and beating them in races?no noise pollution  to spook horses and them f***ing ramblers moaning when your on the back wheel going past them  ?,can even get them road registered ,need to do your CBT like for a shitty 50 cc depending on what licenses you have.shop in Newport does them on hp,couple of hundred deposit and £100 a month?

They do trials ones aswell there mental things do everything a normal bike dose 

• Like 1

Chicken carcass that's had the breast removed and salmon pieces minced, mixed with an 18% protein meal soaked in warm water until meal goes soft.

Getting the right nutrition into them is just as important as pre season fitness preparation.

IMGP1417.JPG

Edited by joe ox
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I exercise my terriers and lurchers together most days....walk along the river from Caerphilly to Cardiff about 10 miles,take the runners up on the hills and get them trotting in front of my truck for a few miles.....looking at getting 1 of these for my walks

Its much better to get them out and about than letting them lie in the kennels bored with their nails getting long and curling up than talking shit on here ?

• Haha 3
31 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Chicken carcass that's had the breast removed and salmon pieces minced, mixed with an 18% protein meal soaked in warm water until meal goes soft.

Getting the right nutrition into them is just as important as pre season fitness preparation.

IMGP1417.JPG

Could never understand the "I only feed mine shit through the summer"train of thought.Mine get the same quality food a year through.

FB_IMG_1567787541655.jpg

• Like 5
Just now, downsouth said:

Could never understand the "I only feed mine shit through the summer"train of thought.Mine get the same quality food a year through.

Yep mine get the same basic all year, I do however add a few extras in the running season when they need it.

7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

like to give my dogs a good variety of raw.....

Joe you ever fed the dogs these??? thought they be right up your street pal?

Well you seem to have dick in your mouth quite often I would of thought they would be a bit more suited to your tastes ?

Mine get a mixture of lamb,beef, chicken and tripe. Get a tray of chicken bones with plenty of meat and skin on each time aswel. Bit of fish here and there mainly pilchards or mackrel. Like to give them plenty of lamb for the fat content. They seem to do ok on it. Very rarely give kibble but if I do as we’re somewhere I can’t keep the meat froze I’ll give them wainwright’s. 

531E665A-09E3-47CB-BED7-FB2687D58DA2.jpeg

9F2B60E7-83E5-4533-A0D3-C78E91481F44.jpeg

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Igz said:

Mine get a mixture of lamb,beef, chicken and tripe. Get a tray of chicken bones with plenty of meat and skin on each time aswel. Bit of fish here and there mainly pilchards or mackrel. Like to give them plenty of lamb for the fat content. They seem to do ok on it. Very rarely give kibble but if I do as we’re somewhere I can’t keep the meat froze I’ll give them wainwright’s. 

Do you add anything else when not using kibble? I like to use half kibble as its complete and don't have to worry about anything being missing in their diet.