we were so poor my oldman would suck on an extra strong mint.....and we would huddle around for the warmth ......🙄

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Sometimes it got so bad we had 2 eat are grandparents but the dint mind really 

You eaten your grandparents 😆surely you meant eat at our grandparents 

17 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

we were so poor my oldman would suck on an extra strong mint.....and we would huddle around for the warmth ......🙄

Fecking ell, you jammy lot, Grandparents....grandparents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me old man eet my grandparents before i was born. Couldn’t afford heating so we had to hit the sack to stay warm!! me old man would say “com on son time to hit the sack” and it would climb in the sack and he’d hit it with a stick, he was fair sweating by the time he'd finished....

feckers don't know you bin born .............................................

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, poxon said:

You eaten your grandparents 😆surely you meant eat at our grandparents 

No we ate the ole feckers they dint mind long as we were happy

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, billhardy said:

OK so yo must  been wealthy because there was feck all table scraps in our place twas heavy brown bread if sourced from the local bakery chucked in skips. Tripe will sustain jukels I know done it there's motet an just me on this site done the same like any s n Appin it's what they used two. Atb bill

Wealthy I have never been, but always tried to feed my dogs the best I could and on a bit more than just tripe. I have seen lurcher pups (not my own)fed on nothing but tripe with stunted growth and not developing properly with bent wrists that had to be PTS it sustains them that well, I feel sorry for any dog that was reared or fed on just tripe.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Cheers, D.

Brilliant 🤣🤣🤣🤣 never seen that 1 before just bin sat laughing like a mad man the all asking wtf,s up wi him🤣

• Like 1

There's kids today growing up who have stunted growth.through lack of food.

I've seen it with my own eyes.

Parents need a fecking hammering.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joe ox said:

Wealthy I have never been, but always tried to feed my dogs the best I could and on a bit more than just tripe. I have seen lurcher pups (not my own)fed on nothing but tripe with stunted growth and not developing properly with bent wrists that had to be PTS it sustains them that well, I feel sorry for any dog that was reared or fed on just tripe.

Narrh Joe the quickest way ta get fid calcium deficiency or knuckling over fella his tripe based diet. What yo seen his either rickets or lack calcium. Atb bill

44 minutes ago, king said:

There's kids today growing up who have stunted growth.through lack of food.

I've seen it with my own eyes.

Parents need a fecking hammering.

Malnutrition an obesity are x lot more common in kids than most folk think. Both forms of neglect imo an the parents should be punished 👍

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Narrh Joe the quickest way ta get fid calcium deficiency or knuckling over fella his tripe based diet. What yo seen his either rickets or lack calcium. Atb bill

Tripe was what caused the problem it was hardly going to fix it 😂

Whole raw sheep heads were and are a much better feed than tripe.

Edited by joe ox
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Whole raw sheep heads were and are a much better feed than tripe.

Good cheap scran,...I used to buy-in, a hundred at a time,..all the dogs enjoyed them,....great days...:clapper:

img052.tif.jpg

• Like 7

I still say to this day the best my dogs and my hunting partners dogs looked were when we fed sheep heads .......

• Like 2