Pre Season

54 minutes ago, poxon said:

Same as in our family growing up bill not from a rich family my self no such thing as table scraps if me or other siblings wasn’t eating it it could be guaranteed me old chap or older brother or any relative that popped in would make short work of any leftovers ??Not like in more modern times I think we waist more food these days (not me personally as it’s all ear marked for the dogs) but my kids are terrible for saying I don’t like that then the younger ones copy 

Sometimes it got so bad we had 2 eat are grandparents but the dint mind really 

• Haha 1

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogs have been getting trotted about 25 mile a week for the last month or so getting them tightened up ready for the season, just waiting for the ground to get softened up a bit now and its full steam

We are ready. 

Yes I have to admit it gives me ‘an enormous sense of well being” driving up to Dartmoor at first light walking round watching rabbits disappear time and time again  ,driving back and feeding the dog

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

we were so poor my oldman would suck on an extra strong mint.....and we would huddle around for the warmth ......?

Fecking ell, you jammy lot, Grandparents....grandparents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me old man eet my grandparents before i was born. Couldn’t afford heating so we had to hit the sack to stay warm!! me old man would say “com on son time to hit the sack” and it would climb in the sack and he’d hit it with a stick, he was fair sweating by the time he'd finished....

feckers don't know you bin born .............................................

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, billhardy said:

OK so yo must  been wealthy because there was feck all table scraps in our place twas heavy brown bread if sourced from the local bakery chucked in skips. Tripe will sustain jukels I know done it there's motet an just me on this site done the same like any s n Appin it's what they used two. Atb bill

Wealthy I have never been, but always tried to feed my dogs the best I could and on a bit more than just tripe. I have seen lurcher pups (not my own)fed on nothing but tripe with stunted growth and not developing properly with bent wrists that had to be PTS it sustains them that well, I feel sorry for any dog that was reared or fed on just tripe.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, joe ox said:

Wealthy I have never been, but always tried to feed my dogs the best I could and on a bit more than just tripe. I have seen lurcher pups (not my own)fed on nothing but tripe with stunted growth and not developing properly with bent wrists that had to be PTS it sustains them that well, I feel sorry for any dog that was reared or fed on just tripe.

Narrh Joe the quickest way ta get fid calcium deficiency or knuckling over fella his tripe based diet. What yo seen his either rickets or lack calcium. Atb bill

17 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Narrh Joe the quickest way ta get fid calcium deficiency or knuckling over fella his tripe based diet. What yo seen his either rickets or lack calcium. Atb bill

Tripe was what caused the problem it was hardly going to fix it ?