Pre Season

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogs have been getting trotted about 25 mile a week for the last month or so getting them tightened up ready for the season, just waiting for the ground to get softened up a bit now and its full steam

We are ready. 

Yes I have to admit it gives me ‘an enormous sense of well being” driving up to Dartmoor at first light walking round watching rabbits disappear time and time again  ,driving back and feeding the dog

Posted Images

8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Sure I heard on one them Alaskan programmes that raw salmon can cause salmon poisoning in dogs ?

8 hours ago, joe ox said:

Those grizzly's seem to do ok on it ?

Saw a documentary on youtube about wolves in British Columbia. The grizzlies get tapeworms from the salmon, they're bloody massive! but the worms die when they hibernate, apparently these worms would kill the wolves, so they only eat the salmon heads.

Bear worms Untitled.png

• Like 2
On 15/09/2019 at 11:16, joe ox said:

Its the same as the veggies saying humans don't need to eat meat but they have to supplement their diet because they don't.

There would be no need for supplements in a barf diet if it was the one answer.

AniForte BARF Complete Supplement is a 100% natural supplement specifically developed for dogs on raw feed diets. It is a natural source of minerals and essential nutrients and it ensures that your pet is on a sustainable and balanced BARF diet.

produktbild_1000ml_Dose_barf-complete_500g_1200x1200px_72dpi@2x.jpg

Joe there his no need fa supplements in a good varied raw diet that what's left in the green tripes his enough plenty green in there already processed the indiuo  people source there fibre and greens from the elk tripe a jukel don't need a lot of green matter veg etc. Ya see it evolving domesticated dogs on kibble only seem ta do well on kibble a few generations of this and they need the carbs ta look good and feel fuller. The kibble if used should act has the topper the main diet raw trouble his expence these nice packet Ed raw are rediciously overpriced feed trip from the slaughter house with a chhep low protein. Kibble winter up the protein and fats with a higher protein kibble tripe and plenty fatty lamb bones and what Eva else ya come a Ross keep it cheep and healthy they'll go well on it. Feck this raw suppliers rip off merchants. Atb bill

On 15/09/2019 at 11:26, Black neck said:

I feed both meat and biscuit mixed together and I got something like the above and bottles of salmon oil just so it looks like I know what I'm on wi the meat is chicken backs tripe beef and lamb all minced 

Ffs now I've gorra get some fecking trout or I wont 

More than good enough for  them get the sal. On heads instead of trout though far superior had many a dinneryself of sal. O. Heads plenty on em lol atb bill

5 hours ago, robertb123 said:

Saw a documentary on youtube about wolves in British Columbia. The grizzlies get tapeworms from the salmon, they're bloody massive! but the worms die when they hibernate, apparently these worms would kill the wolves, so they only eat the salmon heads.

Bear worms Untitled.png

Good bit of home work heads all the wY atb bill

• Like 1
On 15/09/2019 at 09:54, joe ox said:

If that's a dig at me it is only good as part I have never said any different, its a mixer or a treat no more no less.

Tripes more than a mixer I have seen jukels and terriers fed feck all else and they grafted hard fa yrs on it sorry but there be lots yas way off. Its same has ought else they just nerd more offa it when grafted gard but its good easily digested protein and fats  its cheep when got from the right source it natural its barf its full of lactabella se has yogurt  its full of calcium and energy in the fats. They'll survive well and work. Hard on it I know I fed exclusively this way fa yrs. Atb bill

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Tripes more than a mixer I have seen jukels and terriers fed feck all else and they grafted hard fa yrs on it sorry but there be lots yas way off. Its same has ought else they just nerd more offa it when grafted gard but its good easily digested protein and fats  its cheep when got from the right source it natural its barf its full of lactabella se has yogurt  its full of calcium and energy in the fats. They'll survive well and work. Hard on it I know I fed exclusively this way fa yrs. Atb bill

Bill its PART (mixer) of the good varied diet you are going on about, yes they will SURVIVE on it but its far far away from a complete diet.

In this day and age who the hell would want to limit their dogs to a tripe only diet? the answer is no one with an ounce of common sense.

Even back in the day a mainly tripe diet was supplemented with other foods such as table scraps, sheep heads etc.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Bill its PART (mixer) of the good varied diet you are going on about, yes they will SURVIVE on it but its far far away from a complete diet.

In this day and age who the hell would want to limit their dogs to a tripe only diet? the answer is no one with an ounce of common sense.

Even back in the day a mainly tripe diet was supplemented with other foods such as table scraps, sheep heads etc.

OK so yo must  been wealthy because there was feck all table scraps in our place twas heavy brown bread if sourced from the local bakery chucked in skips. Tripe will sustain jukels I know done it there's motet an just me on this site done the same like any s n Appin it's what they used two. Atb bill

• Like 2
3 hours ago, billhardy said:

OK so yo must  been wealthy because there was feck all table scraps in our place twas heavy brown bread if sourced from the local bakery chucked in skips. Tripe will sustain jukels I know done it there's motet an just me on this site done the same like any s n Appin it's what they used two. Atb bill

No table scraps AT ALL when I was a bairn ?

51 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Is pike any good

I used to eat pike now and again me Sen boney as f**k mate the bones are like needles and like hardened needles one cooked but bet there’s other types of river fish that would go down well with dogs. Crayfish I’ve fed to dogs as a treat dogs loved them catch them boil them smash them an shell them good bit of free supper for the mutts 

4 hours ago, billhardy said:

Same as in our family growing up bill not from a rich family my self no such thing as table scraps if me or other siblings wasn’t eating it it could be guaranteed me old chap or older brother or any relative that popped in would make short work of any leftovers ??Not like in more modern times I think we waist more food these days (not me personally as it’s all ear marked for the dogs) but my kids are terrible for saying I don’t like that then the younger ones copy 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m lying really mate ? we lived in an area that was an still is classed as most deprived An poverty stricken in uk☹️? but we were all happy as fcuk an food was one thing we had in abundance? even tho we lived bang centre of Glasgow city itself, my ole man, granda an uncles all done a bit with the rods, gaffs, nets an dogs an like Iv said we were all poor money wise so there was a lot shop lifters that used come round doors an sell all best a food real cheap an that ? even after my ole man died my uncles an granda an even my da’s mates always made sure we had fridge am freezer full a fish, birds an deer? don’t see shit like that too often these days ☹️ So while we might have had 4 heels in our odd socks an no toes on our trainers an 4 generation ole hand me downs? us am the dogs were well fed ?

Lucky barstard, I only started to get regular meals when I started work and f****d off from our family home lol ?

• Like 1