Pre Season

4 hours ago, joe ox said:

Bill I have always known it as offal but am not to concerned what anyone calls it if I am honest, it used to be wormy as feck but not so bad these days, used sheep tripe's back then as well.

Sheep punches are rewoned fa worms cysts Joe I freeze these a few weeks efore feeding five for a quid lambs  lamb what Eva form same goes fa beef beef tripes far superior. Atb bill

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogs have been getting trotted about 25 mile a week for the last month or so getting them tightened up ready for the season, just waiting for the ground to get softened up a bit now and its full steam

We are ready. 

Yes I have to admit it gives me ‘an enormous sense of well being” driving up to Dartmoor at first light walking round watching rabbits disappear time and time again  ,driving back and feeding the dog

Posted Images

How far does two quid go on beef or chicken. Lamb etc or even tripe from the pet stores I know this I can get five kilo of fresh killed green tripe da two quid  hard to bet other times runni g in winter quantities matter tripe meets the demand far cheeper fa me. Atb bill

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, billhardy said:

How far does two quid go on beef or chicken. Lamb etc or even tripe from the pet stores I know this I can get five kilo of fresh killed green tripe da two quid  hard to bet other times runni g in winter quantities matter tripe meets the demand far cheeper fa me. Atb bill

2quid don’t get ya to far now days bill ive not really worked out how much I pay for tripe but it’s more than your getting it for I know that much I mean for most us lads wanting to raw feed we get our pants pulled down because we can’t store a lot so we buy in smaller quantities An can’t store up a bargain at the time were  raw is concerned I try my hardest to keep my little dog chests freezer jamming as much as I can with mixed raw foods I do well a few times a year as the local sheep farm gives me a couple of fallen old breeding ewes for dog food I can’t store it all but sort a couple of locals lads out so we all good for mutton for a few times a year then favours get returned when they got plenty going there’s a few of us try helping each other out because we know the raw feeding game is becoming a expensive way of feeding I can perfectly see why a lot of lads feed kibble though 

• Like 3
On 06/09/2019 at 21:29, joe ox said:

Over the years I have seen problems develop with meat, offal , bones diet only more than once especially in growing pups.

As I already said I worked in a slaughter house so also have never had problems getting  meat offal bones etc never had a problem getting sheep heads either, a really good food to have in a dogs diet keeps their teeth in excellent order.

I like to use both meat and kibble.

People are to quick to right off kibble

both foods have there benefits

got to agree especially in puppys they arent potentially missing out then this pup i got at min is on wainwrights puppy kibble and the  wainwright trays i still give beef lamb ox heart chicken wings few times a week but its easier aswell especially with a pup eating more often 

when lads a been putting food up in dishes you giving that twice a day my bitch only skinny light bitch fussy eater but in season even now getting ready would get that twice a day at least more after hard graft dead a winter 

6 hours ago, dogmandont said:

I was getting slagged on this thread a Couple of pages ago for feeding nothing but tripe. ????. Now the super doggers are saying it’s only good as part of their diets buts it great stuff.????. Fcuk off.. know all. Know fcuk all’s. 

I hope yas nptreferi g ta me dog don't I have in the past fed e clisivrly tripe and they do well on it in fact his we all know there's better nutrition in other kinds a flesh but we fredin a jukel not a fe King lion or tiger. Jukel terriers will do fine on good fresh green tripe I just swill it off get most a the debri out leave the little bits a carbs in it it's fine be me what yas feed but tripe against any single kibble and I've tried them all tripe reigns supreme fact the ways I knowhis from experience grafting them hard deep sinter when winters were winters they just need plenty more offa it compared ta sY beef lamb etc  uts good times by I fetched ten full bellies a week but I only keep the odd jukels now. Atb bill

4 minutes ago, socks said:

This mix keeps the weight on and the dogs running hard .....

EDA3AF2D-A92C-4FBD-82F7-92C3400E3296.jpeg

Good snappin there socks the only difference with my fishes his I get the salmo heads and all the waste offa the fish man flesh consuming with jukels can be gas cheep or expensive has one wishes but fa some a route round the slaughter houses  or chicken factories reaps dividens, that's my favourite combo tripe with a carcass they have everything they need in abundance with that combo,other than that dead day old ca fifty pence free range hens pluck roughly freeze them up chop in half feeding time chicken ice lolly in the summer maths lol they do well with my methods lol feed them anything with neat on the bone they'll thrive .atb bill

12 hours ago, joe ox said:

Sadly there are plenty of those about in the lurcher world that's why the rescue shelters are full.

There's millions that feed same boring kibble day in day out yellow manly teeth dull shitty eyes and coats , there's millions of greyhounds fed exclusively the kibble nuts  ,the lucky ones get a lump of minced beef chucked in lots don't feed them the best ya can when ya can jukels do need a lay down period  and diets need to be adjusted accordingly results go by man management  and rest his an equally important has work , burn em out finish em early jukels done by four seen it .atb bill

• Like 2
8 hours ago, dogmandont said:

I was getting slagged on this thread a Couple of pages ago for feeding nothing but tripe. ????. Now the super doggers are saying it’s only good as part of their diets buts it great stuff.????. Fcuk off.. know all. Know fcuk all’s. 

If that's a dig at me it is only good as part I have never said any different, its a mixer or a treat no more no less.