Pre Season

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogs have been getting trotted about 25 mile a week for the last month or so getting them tightened up ready for the season, just waiting for the ground to get softened up a bit now and its full steam

We are ready. 

Yes I have to admit it gives me ‘an enormous sense of well being” driving up to Dartmoor at first light walking round watching rabbits disappear time and time again  ,driving back and feeding the dog

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Its not the best of foods.

Might not be the best but at the time ( over 25 years ago) it was the best I could get it was either sheep’s tripe and the odd head or kibble so I choose the tripe as a better option and them dogs were grafted harder than any I’ve ever owned. 

Just now, dogmandont said:

Might not be the best but at the time ( over 25 years ago) it was the best I could get it was either sheep’s tripe and the odd head or kibble so I choose the tripe as a better option and them dogs were grafted harder than any I’ve ever owned. 

You must be about the same age as me, back then it was a lot more wormy than it is now. Can you remember black bomb wormers?

13 minutes ago, joe ox said:

You must be about the same age as me, back then it was a lot more wormy than it is now. Can you remember black bomb wormers?

Hadn’t heard of them joe. Used to get my wormers off an old greyhound trainer that lived a couple of miles away, wormers a bottle of duramitex freezer full of tripe and sheep’s heads a couple of bales of decent straw was all the dogs ever needed back then. Seems folks myself included have made things more complicated than they need to be. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Hadn’t heard of them joe. Used to get my wormers off an old greyhound trainer that lived a couple of miles away, wormers a bottle of duramitex freezer full of tripe and sheep’s heads a couple of bales of decent straw was all the dogs ever needed back then. Seems folks myself included have made things more complicated than they need to be. 

black bombs got from the greyhound men were big black capsules feck knows what was in them but they used to blast the worms out.

yep sheep heads, tripe, straw duramitex, exactly the way it was back then mate happy days

Edited by joe ox
  • Like 1

Feck me arguing over dog trough I remember when all ares were all fed on kitchen scraps or sheep heads and eyes or anything else from the slaughter house  never did them any harm mine eat far better theses days admittedly but I'm more concerned about how much graft i can give them and how they handle it anything else can be managed 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Feck me arguing over dog trough I remember when all ares were all fed on kitchen scraps or sheep heads and eyes or anything else from the slaughter house  never did them any harm mine eat far better theses days admittedly but I'm more concerned about how much graft i can give them and how they handle it anything else can be managed 

Its banter not arguing ?