Something that I saw in the canteen on a site visit this week was 2 microwaves. 1 designated General and the other Vegan. I have a photograph and was going to share but there are strict rules as to what you can do with images taken and posting on social media is a big No No so bottled  it. I don't have long left on the treadmill and don't want to risk getting pumped at this stage.

The lads on site are a mix of Geordie, Makem and Smoggy tradesmen and labourers. Not being sexist by using the word "lads" but the strive for sexual equality does not often extend to lasses wanting to graft their "bollocks" off on building sites. I had a bit craic with most of them and none that I spoke to were vegans.

I'm not  really knocking it. During my time H & S and general welfare has improved dramatically on building sites. But I can see trouble ahead. Once the project really kicks off and is properly manned up (once again, apologies if this appears sexist) and the lads are queuing up to use the General microwave on their break I can see some poor sod getting red carded for putting his Asda beef madras in the Vegan machine. 

• Haha 2