Rabbiting lurchers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ACD x grey 2nd generation. Atb Adam 

14 gen breed Collie/Greyhound, just turned 11month old.

my best bitch on the rabbits was a bitch beddy,bull,grey 23 tts.....heart of a lion tbf.....wish I could find another....? worked her with the b.o.p,hounds,around a hole,terriers,long nets ,lampe

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 22:12, poxon said:

Collie greyhound whippet greyhound deerhound x bedlington greyhound id class her as a old school bred as there’s no bull or saluki in there not that there’s out wrong with bull or saluki 

1BCF46EA-31D6-4A7A-9E68-B1F506C3E515.png

I like that bitch mate nice, but back in the day to suggest that there is nothing wrong with saluki in a rabbiting dog would of got you ridiculed in public by phils old school teacher 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
55 minutes ago, two crows said:

I like that bitch mate nice, but back in the day to suggest that there is nothing wrong with saluki in a rabbiting dog would of got you ridiculed in public by phils old school teacher 

Cheers two crows ??Tbh it’d be a bit foolish of any one to say a dog with saluki blood is no good as a rabbit dog if it’s doing the job already I mean we all have our favourite crosses how mines bred is my favourite bred type of cross that I rate for my needs but may not suit others needs if it works it works I guess I know a few dogs with saluki blood An bull blood in there Lurchers that catch rabbits well on the lamp good tough lamp dogs that take a nock I mean that’s not there main use but there adaptable to work there surroundings. People say saluki Lurchers are thick as pig shit An can’t be trained to a decent level but I think that’s all on the person training them An there skill of getting the best out the dog personally 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, two crows said:

His first dogs had Saluki in them, and the dogs he had in later life looked like they had Saluki in them ? he called them for years every opportunity, then when he finally went out with a proper Saluki man and his young dog, he was impressed and wrote a article in praise of them ? strange...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

His first dogs had Saluki in them, and the dogs he had in later life looked like they had Saluki in them ? he called them for years every opportunity, then when he finally went out with a proper Saluki man and his young dog, he was impressed and wrote a article in praise of them ? strange...

Plummer?

my best bitch on the rabbits was a bitch beddy,bull,grey 23 tts.....heart of a lion tbf.....wish I could find another....?20190613_204643.jpg.c46667ebf98b4e12cef278ef3e48d567.jpgpost-99494-0-37210000-1503740103_thumb.jpgpost-99494-0-97312300-1503739994_thumb.jpgIMG_20170924_143345_633.thumb.jpg.29e9769c3a547753c36f99fb6095d19b.jpg5a97153c7e2c0_BlackheartsDogs011.thumb.jpg.ab3bbd4c035e686b319c55f46b3f1794.jpg

worked her with the b.o.p,hounds,around a hole,terriers,long nets ,lamped and could bend the odd few out in the day...had her at 2 yr old when my mate went over the wall for a stretch.....the best thing I've ever been given for free, and I'm thankful for the memories and scraps we got into....gonna mis old 'Loll' when she finally goes ?

• Like 14

10 hours ago, poxon said:

Cheers two crows ??Tbh it’d be a bit foolish of any one to say a dog with saluki blood is no good as a rabbit dog if it’s doing the job already I mean we all have our favourite crosses how mines bred is my favourite bred type of cross that I rate for my needs but may not suit others needs if it works it works I guess I know a few dogs with saluki blood An bull blood in there Lurchers that catch rabbits well on the lamp good tough lamp dogs that take a nock I mean that’s not there main use but there adaptable to work there surroundings. People say saluki Lurchers are thick as pig shit An can’t be trained to a decent level but I think that’s all on the person training them An there skill of getting the best out the dog personally 

I've hunted with plenty of Saluki blooded lurchers...:clapper:

Only a fool, would believe that such a consummate canine athlete could not grass game,..and only a fool, would listen to the words of a  theorist...?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

I've hunted with plenty of Saluki blooded lurchers...:clapper:

Only a fool, would believe that such a consummate canine athlete could not grass game,..and only a fool, would listen to the words of a  theorist...?

plenty did I think mate, back in those dark and dismal times, lol

• Haha 4