BRICKWORK PRICE ,DAYWORK ????????

6 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

How much is sleeping in your own bed in your family home worth? Priceless. Drinking every night in some Boys From the Blackstuff fantasy is a load of bollocks.

Totally agree although he has his family reared I think he’s just taking advantage of this bubble before it bursts. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been in the building trade all my life and half prices you hear that blokes reckon theyre getting is a load of old bollocks.All these blokes clearing a grand a week but never seem to have f**k all.Did

It’s about averaging it out mate when your rained off for 4 months a year a bag of sand a week is not so great, the building trade has given me a living and f****d my body up nothing more and nothing

you lads have hit the nail on the head in the lat few posts, its a hard job and takes its toll on you physically and mentally... when its good its really good and you basically name your price bu

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

The friday night millionares i call em,barry big cheese with all the cash,come monday they cant even buy a bottle water.olders fellas bang on it too

I turned up for the Christmas drink or should I say drug fest!!

2.30pm I walked in the pub and the forklift driver was fcuked off his tits, could hardly talk or stand up,

another of the lads had shot through on coke.. and there was a que for the bog:hmm:

the night ended well with a mega brawl:laugh:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, si brown said:

I turned up for the Christmas drink or should I say drug fest!!

2.30pm I walked in the pub and the forklift driver was fcuked off his tits, could hardly talk or stand up,

another of the lads had shot through on coke.. and there was a que for the bog:hmm:

the night ended well with a mega brawl:laugh:

Its worrying is,nt it.

Had a mate I worked with  on trawlers. We could earn really good money. When we docked for the weekend he would buy a new suit, buy everybody drinks and get locked  up by Saturday night. Without f***ing fail!?. He fell  overboard once pissed as a fart. Got him back on board , he was blue all over. Pumped out the water, warmed him up and he was back shovelling queenies within an hour. Tough bloke and great bloke when sober which wasn't often. Nowadays all the young trawlermen are high 24/7.

Edited by jukel123
9 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Not in Northern Ireland they ain’t. And never will. 

I was in Bangor a couple of weeks back, the amount of house building round there is mind blowing !

42 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Plenty going up everywhere wilf but the wages will never be the same as the mainland. 

I think they were when the EU pumped shit loads of money over your way. Lads from around here were leaving and taking advantage of the rates they were paying, not sure if it was in the North or the south. 

4 minutes ago, liP said:

I think they were when the EU pumped shit loads of money over your way. Lads from around here were leaving and taking advantage of the rates they were paying, not sure if it was in the North or the south. 

That was the south liP, rates have always been shite in the north. 

• Like 2

Good clean trowel can clear 1k a week but when you take the days you lose over a year on weather / no scaffold silo down no pads ready or ready mix not ordered on time it even it out, I’ve gangs who sub to me can earn more but not all year round all the trades doing well at minute think Brickies ground workers earn the money  some of them plummers sparkys take the piss always have always will 

• Like 2
On 05/09/2019 at 17:45, Jobi said:

Don't know about you but the prices are real, the more you earn the more you spend. 

It’s about averaging it out mate when your rained off for 4 months a year a bag of sand a week is not so great, the building trade has given me a living and f****d my body up nothing more and nothing less, pretty much the same for most others it’s how you use the money that makes the difference not the amount you bring home on Friday, ✌️✌️

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Flacko said:

Good clean trowel can clear 1k a week but when you take the days you lose over a year on weather / no scaffold silo down no pads ready or ready mix not ordered on time it even it out, I’ve gangs who sub to me can earn more but not all year round all the trades doing well at minute think Brickies ground workers earn the money  some of them plummers sparkys take the piss always have always will 

Your right there mate regards trades and difference in rates..

I remember 15 years ago or so the brickies were struggling to get any decent rates they were on £90-£100 a day on day rates, if we went on day rates at that time we were on £150 to £175 a day... it just didn't stack up...chippies, sparkies, plumbers etc were all.on closer to £200 a day...

We very rarely went on day rates, always price...but the brickies were struggling all round on rates...

I'm glad for them its coming into line a bit now, there is a real demand for decent trowels, even shit trowels are in demand lol... I know before a lot had to build the money up with privates on the weekends, those are bonus jobs now and not the necessity 

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 4
49 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It’s about averaging it out mate when your rained off for 4 months a year a bag of sand a week is not so great, the building trade has given me a living and f****d my body up nothing more and nothing less, pretty much the same for most others it’s how you use the money that makes the difference not the amount you bring home on Friday, ✌️✌️

Bang on mate

• Like 1