South Yorkshire Shooting and Game Fair

We are now in September and the Doncaster show on Sat. 28th and Sun 29th of Sept. will be here in no time at all so who is coming this year. :yahoo:

Trish and I will be coming home on the Saturday from a weeks clay shooting at Highlodge in Suffolk so our tickets are for Sunday this year. This is not as good as the Northern Shooting Show but nevertheless it proves to be a good excuse to meet up with good friends as well as buy a few bits and pieces. I take it Si, you and Jimmy are going......................Hope you guys can do the Sunday this time or Trish and I will be having coffee all alone. ?

The link for you all, I can't see any of us from last year on the video but I'm sure we are there somewhere lads.   http://www.southyorkshireshootingshow.com/

Phil

• Like 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right Mitch. My wife and I went to Forest Lodge Guns today with the main purpose to compare three rifles, the Tikka T1x, CZ 457 Royal & MTR and finally the Anschutz 1416 thumbhole and sporting sto

Yeah, they look nice, really nice ?,and probably are really good. I’d be very very tempted if I was seriously looking for another rimfire at the moment. If it’s a long term investment and what you wan

We are now in September and the Doncaster show on Sat. 28th and Sun 29th of Sept. will be here in no time at all so who is coming this year.  Trish and I will be coming home on the Saturday from

Posted Images

Just seen that you did your post 6 hours ago Jimmy, what the hell are you doing posting at 4am my friend......

Glad you are going mate, we might be entering the clay shoot although not sure about Trish yet which means we can park inside the ground   ?

Phil

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

After staying at home because of the volume of rain and fllod threat, Sunday seemed to see the back of the heavy rain so we went for the last couple of hours to pass on a Sunday afternoon. There were not so many people there but of course they may have left early so plenty of room to look at what I could not afford ?

To be honest we didn't even go to the outside stands as the rain was now now pouring down and I felt sorry for the standholders, the clay pigeon shooting stands were completely empty so again perhaps the shooters entering the competition were either not bothering or they had shot early and gone.

One or two nice items that took my eye including a rifle shooting table with built in seat for £100 which was pretty good and quite stable when I was sat on it but the weight was too much for me to drag down into the quarry for some target shooting, nice though. Daystate had a nice display which I looked at for 10 seconds (well it was gaystate), I had a good look at the new Hawke Vantage s/f w/a and that is a cracking scope with very crisp image and as good as the Airmax in my opinion.

One of my little tasks was to have a look at the .22lr rifles at the show but to be honest, there was not a lot on offer but I did look long and hard at the Tikka T1x with a 16'' barrel, stunning bolt action which you can easily re cock whist the gun is still in your shoulder for that second shot when needed (not in my case of course as I never miss.........:yahoo:) and so my decision is made a Tikka it is but I still want to research the mods as I will be using HV ammo some of the time but there is a big price hike between a SAK and a Wildcat of about £120 so is it worth the extra cost ..................................... jury still out on that one. I have a Mamba Lite scope which I may use but quite fancy a new one for this rifle and again keeping an open mind on that item for the time being.

It was a pleasant couple of hours but the big downside was that due to various reasons, Jimmy and Si were not going to the show and as I was not at all sure if we were going, it was a long way to come to a little show however it has been a good excuse for us all to get together. Next year

Phil

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, vizlauk said:

Good choice with the tikka, but if your going for hv ammo, why not just go for the 17hmr, as 22lr is about the same price & you can't do nothing about the crack of supersonic!

The .17hmr is bloody noisy and turns rabbits inside out at less than 120-150mts and I will not be running HV all the time Sean so the .22lr is a better option for me. I have slots for  .17hmr and .22wmr on my ticket so in time I may still go for one of them but I doubt it. My pal has the .17hmr and I cannot remember the last time we took it out with us so not high on my agenda mate.

Phil

• Like 1
1 minute ago, philpot said:

The .17hmr is bloody noisy and turns rabbits inside out at less than 120-150mts and I will not be running HV all the time Sean so the .22lr is a better option for me. I have slots for  .17hmr and .22wmr on my ticket so in time I may still go for one of them but I doubt it. My pal has the .17hmr and I cannot remember the last time we took it out with us so not high on my agenda mate.

Phil

The 22lr with hv ammo is about the same as a 17hmr noise wise !

• Like 1

Certainly not on the test we did some weeks ago, the .17 was much louder but going that route leaves me without the flexibility of the lr with both sub and HV so the .17 is a non starter at this moment. We were using CCI Stingers which is different to what you use so perhaps there is some sound difference there !!

Phil

28 minutes ago, philpot said:

Certainly not on the test we did some weeks ago, the .17 was much louder but going that route leaves me without the flexibility of the lr with both sub and HV so the .17 is a non starter at this moment. We were using CCI Stingers which is different to what you use so perhaps there is some sound difference there !!

Phil

I tried the cci stingers,  they were the loudest! Then cci velocitors! 

37 minutes ago, philpot said:

Phil

20190930_181150.jpg

1 hour ago, philpot said:

Mitch, here you go mate, scroll down the page until you reach CZ and they are listed as being in stock along with prices. I like the MTR version.

https://www.forestlodgegunswragby.co.uk/rifles

Phil

Yes Phil I looked when you first sai:thumbs:

why is the .22 is more expensive than .17 ,

normally same price 

Trouble is I need to handle before buying