Duck dilemma

Hi guys

I'm having trouble getting my ducks up, myself and the team tried to get them up last Saturday but out the 1000 only about 150 got up, they just fly from one of the pool to the other, this is with dogs in the water at either end. 

Now I know these lot can fly as I put 300 on my big lake for the first time and they are all from the same batch, they are really flying well. 

Any suggestions apart from stick them all on the big lake next time ?

All of the above. However, one way we succeeded was to use a sewelling rope with a pennant about every yard or so. The blighters didn't like it so they flew. Must admit though that feeding well away from the main pond certainly works well. Dogs in the water just infuriates the dogs because they can't get close to what they perceive as a retrieve. Good luck. And by the way, when the ponds start freezing, you won't have a problem lol. Jok.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
3 hours ago, j j m said:

as waxed says

Posts 3 years old dont think he will be worried about them no flying now LOL Hes no been on since then