Ferret hutch pellets

jigsaw

Got a pair of Jill's a few weeks ago,and the daughter took them over,and she has made them quiet and tame like a cat lol...but this week she bought these new pellets as a replacement for the sawdust I am acostomed to all my ferret hunting life...they seem to absorb the odour of the toilet area and are a whole lot less messy than the sawdust,anyone have experience with it

IMG_20190901_081308.jpg

IMG_20190901_081243.jpg

IMG_20190901_081230.jpg

I have used this type of pellet in the ferret litter pans for more than 20 years now.  I prefer the hardwood pellets over the pine pellets as they don't break down as fast.  They definitely keep down the urine odor and keep the cage cleaner than anything else I've used.    

• Like 1
On 01/09/2019 at 12:08, jigsaw said:

25 euros for the bag,and it will last week's I reckon

I pay about $6 (don't know what that would be in pounds) for a 40 lb bag of wood stove pellets (the hard wood type) and about the same for the 40 lb bag of pine pellets which are marketed for horse stall bedding.  Living in Texas, I can only get the wood stove pellets in late fall and early winter so I stock up when they're available.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ferret lady said:

I pay about $6 (don't know what that would be in pounds) for a 40 lb bag of wood stove pellets (the hard wood type) and about the same for the 40 lb bag of pine pellets which are marketed for horse stall bedding.  Living in Texas, I can only get the wood stove pellets in late fall and early winter so I stock up when they're available.

do you work them critters FL?

On 03/09/2019 at 00:56, jigsaw said:

do you work them critters FL?

Wish I could but it's illegal here.   I own and breed hybrids with very strong hunting instincts and good to excellent temperaments, so I've always wished I had the opportunity.  Rabbits don't live in warrens in the US so I'm not sure that ferreting with them would be possible even if it were legal.  

• Thanks 1