Recent mountain trip

45 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Cracking little read that.......i might of let my imagination get the better of me but when it got to the bit where you woke up surrounded by a bunch of boar i pictured you as Liam Neeson in the wolf scene in that film The Grey ?

Calm down love.. it was more Frank Spencer in some mothers do av 'em ???

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Cracking little read that.......i might of let my imagination get the better of me but when it got to the bit where you woke up surrounded by a bunch of boar i pictured you as Liam Neeson in the wolf scene in that film The Grey ?

There’s a thread on here somewhere where a hunter is talking to jo rogan about that exact same scenario that actually happened to him ......

19 hours ago, dodger said:

Good trip and write up he's looking well..

He has a little bit of weight on him (summer here is brutal) but underneath, he's solid, although not plumbed in right ?

This winter I may have to live in the mountains, after Brexit lol the Spanish might try to keep me ?

The boar were there in Aragon we just weren't hunting the land right. On that land you need to stand at a peg and have the boar pushed to you. I've been over to T's a couple of times since and we've had boar everytime. 

We were actually talking about maybe setting up something in the future, a couple of days ago. A way to allow a pack to push the boar to the lads stood with dogs. 

If you go up the back of Barcelona you'll be hard pressed not to see a boar. They wander around houses/parks etc and don't give a shit about people.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I'd be well up for another trip, I enjoyed it, would need a lot of notice though. I lost Tony's number along with most with my last phone. Let me know what happens. ?

If anything comes of it, I'll let you know mate ;)

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, mushroom said:

The boar were there in Aragon we just weren't hunting the land right. On that land you need to stand at a peg and have the boar pushed to you. I've been over to T's a couple of times since and we've had boar everytime. 

We were actually talking about maybe setting up something in the future, a couple of days ago. A way to allow a pack to push the boar to the lads stood with dogs. 

If you go up the back of Barcelona you'll be hard pressed not to see a boar. They wander around houses/parks etc and don't give a shit about people.

I don't doubt it mate. If only we'd known that at the time! I had a blinding time anyway and would do it again if the chance came up. My pack are all getting on now but I'd happily come along as a beater.

It's good you've kept in touch, he's a good guy,  he made a great effort in difficult circumstances.

• Like 2