Recent mountain trip

So, I decide to go to the mountains again. My plan on Friday was to have a Chinese buffet, early night  and catch the 6:45am train... That didn't happen.. I got steaming drunk, ended up with a kebab at 4am, babbling about needing to go get the rucksack and dog ?

I caught the train (on-time incredibly) and I was in some bloody state, dressed for the mountains, smelling like I've been in the lash, still pished, with the hangover setting in?‍♂️

20190831_085720.jpg.acc4293ee8742a80939a6dba1369c4d2.jpg

I get to where I'm going (Santa Celloni) and find a bar, to grab a coffee, gather my thoughts and try to sober the hell up. That doesn't happen.. At this hour the locals in the bar, taking great love to the fact I'm British, leathered and about to set off into certain doom. In the state I'm in, they decide the best thing for me is more alcohol lol. After a few shickers bought by the locals, I set out on my adventure... then realise I got off at the wrong fuucking station ? it's a 7 mile walk to where I need to be to start the hike. (You can see where this trip is going right here hahaha)

On my way I find truckers growing cannabis (ace but not ready) 

20190831_111820.jpg.b3b1d40652e83d61ad4809a7954c2b9c.jpg

As I'm walking down the river to go to this place I'd planned I decided to take a nap, threw the hammock up and chilled for a bit, an hour sleep, some grub and off we set again. At this point it's sweltering, and I'm now thinking I may have bitten off more than I can chew but I'm British, so I'm soldering on ?. Yep I gave up and decided to head into the mountains from where I was, fuuck the lake lol, its miles away. walked for about 3-4hours into the mountains. Found a spot and that was me... so I thought

20190901_100244.jpg.cf1c50088c0bb55182ba42bb8a0d7b68.jpg

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Normally I like to add a few photos of scenery but we didn't go high enough. Tbh it is is way to hot to start summiting peaks. Between the dog and me, I was carrying 6ltrs and it was gone by this morning. He was drinking from the river (until we headed into the mountains). At this time of year there's not enough water around to do a trek. A day hike maybe. 

lol...good read that mate..

at the beginning of this little story I couldn't help feel that this is the kind of start to a story where here in the uk some stupid English twat thinks its a good idea to go up Nevis or some other similar peak...only to need to get mountain rescue out....cos there only wearing flip plops ...lol

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, TOMO said:

lol...good read that mate..

at the beginning of this little story I couldn't help feel that this is the kind of start to a story where here in the uk some stupid English twat thinks its a good idea to go up Nevis or some other similar peak...only to need to get mountain rescue out....cos there only wearing flip plops ...lol

I broke my flip flops ?