Camper van conversions

7 hours ago, tillylamp said:

if your thinking of a 7.5 toner have a look at the ex mobile library vans, there already half way there.....lighting, heating, insulated and wall sockets.....probably wouldn't take much to finish it the way you won't it.....  

I was going to suggest the same and you also get the headroom ,it's nice to be able to stand up straight

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sprinter van my boss did last year 

Don't know wether this is of any interest or not but my lad used this design to create a bed or bench seat. Cheers Arry  

Bit posh for me looks lovely though, but I,m more at home in something like this, would feel right at home in a rocking chair on the decking, 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, mushroom said:

I have a plan to do a 7.5er, I want to do a big trip that's going to be at least a year.

I've seen some banging Luton conversions and they're top notch. Search on YouTube;)

I,m on the verge of buying one myself for when I finally get moving, once I,m were I’m going and settled will be converting that one into a camper, not really into modern stuff and a big old lorry lined in tongue and groove with a woodburner and a bed would do me though will probably need to add things like a shower and toilet if I,m ever going to get my misses on board, leyland daf with the electric tail lift from the PO are a good cheap reliable bus from my research or the ultimate in my mind the oldD series merc with the back to front gearbox, absolutely bomb proof and always sought after ✌️

They are the bollox Walt had one years back, there is a company that imports them from abroad no a few people who have them half a million miles and they are just run in, problem is as modern stuff gets more shite and chuck away after 5 years the old gems are increasing in value, one lad I know gave 7500k for one last year ✌️✌️

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Greyman said:

They are the bollox Walt had one years back, there is a company that imports them from abroad no a few people who have them half a million miles and they are just run in, problem is as modern stuff gets more shite and chuck away after 5 years the old gems are increasing in value, one lad I know gave 7500k for one last year ✌️✌️

My dads mate bought a ex riot van merc converted it to a camper and the computerised gearbox went , and he scrapped it because of cost and he’s a self employed mechanic . 

New stuff is shite !!!

• Like 1

I've a Mazda Bongo friendee, 2 litre petrol automatic, which comes with seats that go flat for a bed, tinted windows, electric side curtains plus it’s been converted, roof converted, kitchen unit, leisure battery and electric hook up. 

The Freda model comes with standard roof raiser but are older and diesel. 

So even standard models are usable as campers and with minimal conversion can have all the added extras to sleep 4.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l2632.R3.TR12.TRC2.A0.H1.Xmazda+bong.TRS0&_nkw=mazda+bongo&_sacat=9801

22 hours ago, waltjnr said:

Me brother did one of these, ex Dutch airforce fire truck, bit of a beast! 

IMG-20190902-WA0000.jpg

They are truly lovely vehicles. Our bus stood for 3 years after my husband had a stroke. Never once turned the engine over. When my nephew arrived to get it taken for its MOT it started first time! Drove just fine, and the only thing it needed to go through its MOT was new brake lines. They really are built to last and last and last.

• Like 5
On 01/09/2019 at 08:21, wildman said:

I.am gonna use a Luton box van .loads of room ,nice n square ,merc sprinter engine,very reliable just in prowess of finding right one . look at conversions on you tube

A bloke in our village has converted a Luton van looks basic on the out side upvc windows and doors but in side its very nice! Next Time I see him I will get pics 

• Like 1