Camper van conversions

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sprinter van my boss did last year 

Don't know wether this is of any interest or not but my lad used this design to create a bed or bench seat. Cheers Arry  

Bit posh for me looks lovely though, but I,m more at home in something like this, would feel right at home in a rocking chair on the decking, 

Posted Images

Suppose it depends on if you want it fully windowed and also how many cupboards ets you want as if you use a minibus you have less space on the walls to fit stuff.im also guessing that a minibus would be colder if you was staying in it during the winter as wit a van youd have a larger area to insulate,plyline and carpet.

• Like 2

It’s something I’m thinking of doing. For digs when working away, as some of them are rough dirt holes to stay in and get free hols with it too lol, I was thinking mini bus as it’s already lined floored and the windows can be tinted and boarded over inside where needed also I’d make my own furniture to suit as well 

• Like 1

Before we got our narrowboat, we were converting a Mercedes 604 minibus that had been a charity bus. Yes, there's a load of work involved in lining and insulating the windows to give more wall space for storage, and my nephew is currently finishing it off to live in himself. The thing is, whether you use a van or a bus, you still have to insulate and clad the walls inside, and windows can be blocked up, but the thing I particularly liked about the bus was that the walls were nigh on vertical, whereas most vans have walls that lean in, which makes it just that bit harder to hang shelves, cupboards etc. and that makes them feel smaller when you standing up. Just a thought.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

A jumbo van then lol

Go to an auction that sells commercial vehicles and buy an ex British rail high top transit or simular as they are already part fitted out, they are used as a mobile site hut with a small kitchen and table plus bench,s already fitted, they are high enough to stand up in without having the wind resistance of a wall like a Luton does and may already contain a water tank and 12 v electric system ??

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Arry said:

Don't know wether this is of any interest or not but my lad used this design to create a bed or bench seat.

296124107_PICT0001.JPG(13).jpeg.44d65f618c92abbda920535d48099156.jpeg

2062720297_PICT0002.JPG(16).jpeg.c54b1bc56d77cb23359c47d872579ed3.jpeg

276250533_PICT0003.JPG(7).jpeg.9c260b3116928e1cfabec3a42dd962a0.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Thanks for the pic, I made something similar for my mate a few yrs back for his and it worked a treat, I made it where it was hinges and could use it underneath for storage too

• Like 1

I got one of these in my MK 7 Transit. Fits just right in the corner behind the rear wheel arch.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobile-Camping-Toilet-Portable-Travel-Chemical-WC-Outdoor-10L-Flushing-Potty-Loo/292772866001?hash=item442a9f67d1:g:LpwAAOSw1w5bxMMu

Have a look at this stuff for insulation. It's light, only 35mm thick, but has the same insulation properties as 210mm of rock wool.   https://www.selcobw.com/triso-super-10-multifoil-insulation-10m

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I have a plan to do a 7.5er, I want to do a big trip that's going to be at least a year.

I've seen some banging Luton conversions and they're top notch. Search on YouTube;)

if your thinking of a 7.5 toner have a look at the ex mobile library vans, there already half way there.....lighting, heating, insulated and wall sockets.....probably wouldn't take much to finish it the way you won't it.....  

• Like 3