First time sea fishing tomorrow

Plain toast for breakfast. The only food I eat on board is ginger cake and mints. Take some bottles of water. (ginger and mint help with nausia and settle the stomach) 

Guessing your borrowing tackle from the boat so just do as the skipper says. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Plain toast for breakfast. The only food I eat on board is ginger cake and mints. Take some bottles of water. (ginger and mint help with nausia and settle the stomach) 

Guessing your borrowing tackle from the boat so just do as the skipper says. 

I did that on my one and only trip out at Whitby on the mistress , worse day of my life . We went 25 miles out and i was throwing up about 10 minutes after setting off , I never even cast out and when we got off the boat at the end of the day I gave my brand new boat outfit to my mate and said keep it . To top it off it took me about 5 hours to drive home because I had to keep pulling over to throw up . Never again 

• Haha 5

little tip for you lads.......Old boys told me take a sickness tablet the night before,lay off the beer and another in the morning when you wake up?

Neil sounds like a few of my mates first-time out?rest of us cooking up,eating fresh bacon sarnies and my 2 mates 'chumming' the water for us ?was a long old 12 hrs at sea for the poor b*****ds lol?

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

little tip for you lads.......Old boys told me take a sickness tablet the night before,lay off the beer and another in the morning when you wake up?

Neil sounds like a few of my mates first-time out?rest of us cooking up,eating fresh bacon sarnies and my 2 mates 'chumming' the water for us ?was a long old 12 hrs at sea for the poor b*****ds lol?

A couple of 3 or so years ago my pal bought a boat from Manchester and i drove my pick up from Norfolk to pick it up,we put a new floor and repainted the boat over a couple of months,first time out at anchor i chucked up every where,this year we've had 3 or 4 boats and we've been out in silly seas in them without any bother with me chundering,first time at anchor on a calm'ish sea i was sick within half an hour:bad::censored:,I bought some "Stugeron 15" travel sickness tablets and dropped 2 on the way to launch the boat.An hour later we were at anchor and we had a 5 hour session catching loads of fish without a tickle of sickness from me :boogy:and to tell you the truth i was pleasantly in my own little world for a while as they are very valium like:victory:.I'll deffo be taking them again when were going to anchor up as they do really work.

• Like 2