Tikka t1x 22lr

New over to this side, recently gained my fac & sgc , 

Does anyone on here shoot a tikka t1x 22lr ? If so what ammo have you found that suits the tikka, when I purchased mine I bought elay subs & Winchester subs, to try first _ what sort of groupings should I expect at 50yrds & will the gun need bedding in before good groups are obtained,  if the wind drops down I will be going out to test a few different ammo choices, hopefully to find something that suits.

I'm hoping the 17hmr tikka t1x is not so fussy as that's sitting in the cabinet waiting to venture out aswell.

• Like 2

I don't think there is a brand of ammo that suits a particular make of gun. One Tikka might like Eleys and another might prefer CCI or RWS. You'll just need to get a box of each till you find the brand that suits your particular gun. It will shoot better anyway once it gets leaded in. Mine hates being cleaned and sprays like a shotgun for a while after, which is a great excuse not to clean it.

My 22lr (not a Tikka) is most accurate with Eley subs, but they are quite sticky and occasionally cause ejection problems. CCI subs are slightly less accurate in my gun but much more reliable. Most 22lr ammo is decent these days, but I avoid Remingtons. 

17 minutes ago, walshie said:

I don't think there is a brand of ammo that suits a particular make of gun. One Tikka might like Eleys and another might prefer CCI or RWS. You'll just need to get a box of each till you find the brand that suits your particular gun. It will shoot better anyway once it gets leaded in. Mine hates being cleaned and sprays like a shotgun for a while after, which is a great excuse not to clean it.

My 22lr (not a Tikka) is most accurate with Eley subs, but they are quite sticky and occasionally cause ejection problems. CCI subs are slightly less accurate in my gun but much more reliable. Most 22lr ammo is decent these days, but I avoid Remingtons. 

I ended up going out testing a few boxes yesterday afternoon, I took eley subs, cci subs, rws subs,cci stingers & cci velociter,  the best of them was the cci velociter , then I would say the rws subs, cci subs were a close second. The pard 008 was not set for zero, just left it where I had It for the groupings, but the cci subs were ok at 50 yrds & 1 Mildot at 100yrds

IMG-20190831-WA0000.jpeg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, vizlauk said:

I ended up going out testing a few boxes yesterday afternoon, I took eley subs, cci subs, rws subs,cci stingers & cci velociter,  the best of them was the cci velociter , then I would say the rws subs, cci subs were a close second. The pard 008 was not set for zero, just left it where I had It for the groupings, but the cci subs were ok at 50 yrds & 1 Mildot at 100yrds

IMG-20190831-WA0000.jpeg

No no no!. We don't discuss mildots in this section. Ever. :D

That grouping will probably tighten up a bit when the gun beds in, but they'd all be kill shots. Nice going. 

7 hours ago, walshie said:

Exactly, a friend of mine bought a 500 brick of Winchesters when he first got his .22, only to find out that it didn’t really like them. He told me that he was surprised because he thought winchester were good ammunition. He then went and did the same again when he recently bought his tx1 hmr. Bought five boxes of Winchester hmr instead of a box each different brands? 

25 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

There you go then. CCI subs are a good price and if they suit your rifle it’s good. I used to use them quite a lot but haven’t bought any for a long time though I’m not sure why? 

I'm going to re-test them all, as I took the stock off the tikka to adjust the trigger pull & didn't have it sitting correctly back in the stock,  I didn't even notice until I went to lock it away last night