David platts

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred several litters in the 1980s/1990s,..we worked them most nights,... Straight cross twixt Ardkinglas Deerhound and Irish Coursing Greyhounds.. The next cross,  back to the Greyhound was

he looks a happy chap

It's right to remember good old times, and good old boys... I have travelled, all the way up one side of Scotland, and come back down the other...  As you know, nothing much beats the place

Posted Images

On 04/09/2019 at 08:34, joe ox said:

So basically they add a shaggy coat and height, but the height needs breeding out via other crosses to make them an all round useful lurcher, it would be a lot less hassle using a pure greyhound.

Or better still a sal/grey. The thing is they will always appeal to a minority of lurcher enthusiasts. They are definitely not the killing machines of other crosses but their temperament is superb, they look stunning and their relaxed outlook is good for the blood pressure. Sometimes they are too relaxed I know and the problem is getting decent deerhound blood instead of the hulking overgrown show ponies that Crufts has produced.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Gilbey said:

sal grey first vid, bull sal grey second vid. Remember some random shite ?

i remember some random stuff like a dog called lenny the lion. A deerhound /grey cross coliie/grey if my memory is ok.

• Like 3
On 05/09/2019 at 16:21, lurchers said:

He said it was like killing rabbits and thought is was crap so called it a night.all of our deerhound x greyhounds were all doxhope when bill had them in years ago and from good coursing stuff.he is on here ask him about them.ive never rated Alan Wilkinson’s stuff or any barrons.but they say Alan had a good pure bred bitch years ago.

His pure bitch was called Cloud very good all round bitch seen her run a good few times. He also had a a nice dh x gh bitch called Sally i never saw her on hares but she was good on rbts in lamp & Alan is a top bloke ? atb 

Edited by Dinosaurs
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, darbo said:

i remember some random stuff like a dog called lenny the lion. A deerhound /grey cross coliie/grey if my memory is ok.

'Sly'

another character was 'The Mighty Josh'. Been said plenty but it is weird how that cross has gone from being so popular to how it is now

• Like 2