David platts

Does anyone remember that deerhound x greyhound called axel I think in the old lurchermania lamping videos ? He was about 28 TTS and could mop the rabbits up, I can remember them putting a timer up on the screen then it catching a rabbit in a few seconds and them saying “a speedy deed for a tall breed” ?. Wouldn’t mind try to get a copy of those videos on dvd if anyone knows where I could get one? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred several litters in the 1980s/1990s,..we worked them most nights,... Straight cross twixt Ardkinglas Deerhound and Irish Coursing Greyhounds.. The next cross,  back to the Greyhound was

he looks a happy chap

It's right to remember good old times, and good old boys... I have travelled, all the way up one side of Scotland, and come back down the other...  As you know, nothing much beats the place

Posted Images

I watched axel run a hare 1 night and the hare must of had at least 100yrd plus start before he was slipped,the hare didn’t even get half a turn in very impressive dog.he had been up Scotland on the blue hares as at the time they were the in thing.the lad who had him said it was shit up there on them as it was like killing rabbits and said axel caught 25 in a crack so he turned around and come home as he expected more from the blue hares.that was about 24yrs ago when we were out with him and he was a nice shapey dog.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lurchers said:

I watched axel run a hare 1 night and the hare must of had at least 100yrd plus start before he was slipped,the hare didn’t even get half a turn in very impressive dog.he had been up Scotland on the blue hares as at the time they were the in thing.the lad who had him said it was shit up there on them as it was like killing rabbits and said axel caught 25 in a crack so he turned around and come home as he expected more from the blue hares.that was about 24yrs ago when we were out with him and he was a nice shapey dog.

What made him think blue hares a shit after catching such a small amount on the bounce?

6 hours ago, NEWSBOY said:

What made him think blue hares a shit after catching such a small amount on the bounce?

He said it was like killing rabbits and thought is was crap so called it a night.all of our deerhound x greyhounds were all doxhope when bill had them in years ago and from good coursing stuff.he is on here ask him about them.ive never rated Alan Wilkinson’s stuff or any barrons.but they say Alan had a good pure bred bitch years ago.

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

Like anything youl have to.go through a few to see a real.good one jig my mate owned a firstx salukixgrey was shit on daytime hares even on lamp he was a real.good fox dog used around holes not some ten a penny fox catcher a proper terrier mans dog I've got to laugh my d bich deerhound grey put loads saluki x to same and did she killed 3 roe 2 fox singlehanded on a.open cast bing infront of the saluki x ofcourse the saluki x could beat her single handed on hares but as a allround lurcher not a chance I ran 4 pures 3 first x only two made the grade like any other x i suppose but I heard youse all.keep champions on here  ? my bitch was average but took the lot I'd take her back in a heart beat ???????

we used to run the dogs single ,slip for slip and the deerhound x were not rubbish,they just wernt as good as some lurchers i saw ,and they wernt all saluki x either,i found once we got a few early mornig runs ,after dinner they used to wain in the energy department ,on the straight up run ,they were fast as fuk but some (not all) were poor on turning but could make up for it on the sprint again,i saw them catch plenty ,i never saw them on deer as there wernt any where we hunted,and the lad that had them was a greyhound trainer and knew his dogs and only kept the best ,PTS the ones that didnt make it ...i had fantastic days with the lads down there many years ago and still say their height was a major factor over here against them with the electric wire.Id like to see them run again for pure exhilaration ,they are some sight when flat out ,but i wouldnt keep one i dont think....im diverting back to f***ing about in the wilds,or as you guys call it ,mooching lol

• Haha 2

Got some some where mate the music shite but lads put effort in so good luck to them don’t if the gear round them ways was easy picking but heard they tried a couple of outings this way & looked dire. Atb Flacko I

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

Your probably right the reason the yanks and the auzes do so well is I think they don’t let in as many desert heads in they don’t fck about every yanks think hes a Scott or Irish   crossed to right way they make execellent lurchers indeed ?I think it was a deerhound x that won the lamping comp in that video cha cheakia ?✊ 

sal grey first vid, bull sal grey second vid. Remember some random shite ?

• Haha 1