David platts

16 hours ago, mushroom said:

Gisburn near Clitheroe? Not much over there last time I mooched over the nick.  Shame, bloody great land and should be more productive.

I used to have ferreting/dog permission up on one of the farms up there lol, funny lot them from that way ?

Thats the place Mushroom Hillbilly Country lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred several litters in the 1980s/1990s,..we worked them most nights,... Straight cross twixt Ardkinglas Deerhound and Irish Coursing Greyhounds.. The next cross,  back to the Greyhound was

he looks a happy chap

It's right to remember good old times, and good old boys... I have travelled, all the way up one side of Scotland, and come back down the other...  As you know, nothing much beats the place

Posted Images

Seems from the posts that they do better with a splash of other breeds thrown in the mix. A bit like  bull or wheaten/hound  mixed with a touch of saluki/hound blood can compliment each other for an all rounder. I suppose if everyone kept the same breed it would be a boring world. Seen some of those big first cross Dogo Argentina x greyhound and they would either pull down a Cape buffalo or lick it to death but they certainly don't look like they have pace.

19 hours ago, mushroom said:

Gisburn near Clitheroe? Not much over there last time I mooched over the nick.  Shame, bloody great land and should be more productive.

I used to have ferreting/dog permission up on one of the farms up there lol, funny lot them from that way ?

It always held a good head of sika And roe ? but once certain locals started going nearly every night and leaving gates open and a few things just dumped in the field  it got warm then a wildlife officer  (Thomas) gained a load of perm because of it and it got not worth bothering with 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

It always held a good head of sika And roe ? but once certain locals started going nearly every night and leaving gates open and a few things just dumped in the field  it got warm then a wildlife officer  (Thomas) gained a load of perm because of it and it got not worth bothering with 

Be about 9 years or so since I was last up round there. I was in one of the pubs it was either Barley or Newchurch (I think lol). Was having a pint after ferreting and some woman screamed lol I'd forgotten I had a ferret in the pocket of my wax. The wee jill had obviously fell asleep, I'd forgot, she wakes up and sticks her head out for a nosey ?

Spent many years up there, I even learnt to ski on the dry slope ;)

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Be about 9 years or so since I was last up round there. I was in one of the pubs it was either Barley or Newchurch (I think lol). Was having a pint after ferreting and some woman screamed lol I'd forgotten I had a ferret in the pocket of my wax. The wee jill had obviously fell asleep, I'd forgot, she wakes up and sticks her head out for a nosey ?

We use to buy are  ferrets from clitheroe auction we use to go behind the slaughter house rose county the farmer with one arm was a gent just slip him a bottle of whisky at Xmas and a few quid for a few pints when you turned up he was sorted did you ever walk brockhalls mush Blackburn rovers groundman was funny a real anti only time I can honestly say I have ever been threatened with a plastic corner flag ? 

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

We use to buy are  ferrets from clitheroe auction we use to go behind the slaughter house rose county the farmer with one arm was a gent just slip him a bottle of whisky at Xmas and a few quid for a few pints when you turned up he was sorted did you ever walk brockhalls mush Blackburn rovers groundman was funny a real anti only time I can honestly say I have ever been threatened with a plastic corner flag ? 

Lol Clitheroe auctions.. now that takes me back ?

I bought my first black and white telly there for my bedroom when I was about 9. Fuucking thing only picked up static ?

Only brockholes I know is over Preston way, never had permission there. I used to have good perm over that side of forest of bowland though, up near Inglewhite, slap bang in the middle of farmland and estates. It was bliss lol 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Small world , had some food in the pub (Wells spring) last Saturday at the side of ski slope , lovely up there ?

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Me too on the ski slope, Scouts, 1970 lol

Cheers, D.