David platts

On 31/08/2019 at 23:09, Blackmag said:

Sally a 5\8 3/8 gained a fair rep round here in the early  s on anything day or night took hares and teeth s/h on most ground but was dog aggressive pity I never saw her run from what my old man told me she was very good 

Are you from Brandon way County Durham?? Atb

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred several litters in the 1980s/1990s,..we worked them most nights,... Straight cross twixt Ardkinglas Deerhound and Irish Coursing Greyhounds.. The next cross,  back to the Greyhound was

he looks a happy chap

It's right to remember good old times, and good old boys... I have travelled, all the way up one side of Scotland, and come back down the other...  As you know, nothing much beats the place

Posted Images

1 hour ago, darbo said:

A old mates cousin had one a 3/4 grey 1/4 deerhound mid 90s. Saw her a few times on big open fields on hares she did ok. I think A Baron was from Gisburn way.

Gisburn near Clitheroe? Not much over there last time I mooched over the nick.  Shame, bloody great land and should be more productive.

I used to have ferreting/dog permission up on one of the farms up there lol, funny lot them from that way ?

11 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Has anyone ever run Andy barons deerhound xs 

I seen a 3/4 one run up Caithness quite a bit early 90s, smooth coated brindle dog with a huge head, it was an honest enough dog but it was ran with a AW bred Deerhound bitch and that was a cracking animal. The other Deerhound xs it was run with where also better dogs tbh.

Edited by MickC
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

What does deerhound blood bring to a lurcher? 

Looks pretty??

Had a couple hybrids in the past, gave some size to a mix and maybe a more laid back nature in the kennel.

Dg/greyhound X bull/greyhound

post-2025-1207323813_thumb.jpg

DH/greyhound X collie/greyhound, red dog.post-2025-0-22088600-1401191968.jpg

These days I'd use rough Galgo blood, laid back, stamina, feet an d look pretty ?

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2

Hard to find decent bred genuine deerhound types these days my old man had a 3/4 reverse when I was a kid some dog he was had the heart of a grizzly bear stuff I see about now doesn't seem to be of the same type but just the way it is i suppose 

4 hours ago, sandymere said:

Looks pretty??

Had a couple hybrids in the past, gave some size to a mix and maybe a more laid back nature in the kennel.

Dg/greyhound X bull/greyhound

post-2025-1207323813_thumb.jpg

DH/greyhound X collie/greyhound, red dog.post-2025-0-22088600-1401191968.jpg

These days I'd use rough Galgo blood, laid back, stamina, feet an d look pretty ?

galgo....look pretty.....:laugh:...:doh:....Christ you got it bad mate....

• Haha 5