David platts

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred several litters in the 1980s/1990s,..we worked them most nights,... Straight cross twixt Ardkinglas Deerhound and Irish Coursing Greyhounds.. The next cross,  back to the Greyhound was

he looks a happy chap

It's right to remember good old times, and good old boys... I have travelled, all the way up one side of Scotland, and come back down the other...  As you know, nothing much beats the place

Posted Images

I don't understand why everyone seems to want to start from scratch when there are enough lurchers out there of various descriptions doing every aspect of uk lurcher work to buy pups or breed from.

Edited by joe ox
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, fazza123 said:

I cant understand why people call him a peddler, if he wasnt breeding litters the genuine deerhound xs would very nearly be a thing of the past. I say fair play to him.

If the working reputation of the Deerhound lurcher rested at the feet of Platt then that would be a fecking sad day for the Deerhoundy type lurcher.Its decades since a decent working Deerhound entered the field,the shite he owns is part and parcel of the decline in Deerhounds and the litters he throws into the cesspit of useless workers is more akin to the expectations and limitations of modern lurcher ownership than his dollar breeding.The facts are that the best working Deerhoundy,s now are generations of work to work to work,with border in the mix.Mongrel to mongrel bred with only one ambition and Platts ambition for the breed plays a very small part in that.The very best Deerhoundy lurchers resemble the type typical robust worker of olde,there are a few about,the typical KC useless shite resembles the Platt  litters bred to forge a dollar and suit the modern lurcher owner.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Has anyone ever run Andy barons deerhound xs 

A old mates cousin had one a 3/4 grey 1/4 deerhound mid 90s. Saw her a few times on big open fields on hares she did ok. I think A Baron was from Gisburn way.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, morton said:

If the working reputation of the Deerhound lurcher rested at the feet of Platt then that would be a fecking sad day for the Deerhoundy type lurcher.Its decades since a decent working Deerhound entered the field,the shite he owns is part and parcel of the decline in Deerhounds and the litters he throws into the cesspit of useless workers is more akin to the expectations and limitations of modern lurcher ownership than his dollar breeding.The facts are that the best working Deerhoundy,s now are generations of work to work to work,with border in the mix.Mongrel to mongrel bred with only one ambition and Platts ambition for the breed plays a very small part in that.The very best Deerhoundy lurchers resemble the type typical robust worker of olde,there are a few about,the typical KC useless shite resembles the Platt  litters bred to forge a dollar and suit the modern lurcher owner.

Omg you cant be serious 

• Haha 1

Yeah he was darbo I saw a few one was a cull maybe entered to early one was decent on all ediable but nothing special and one was a very good bitch a 3/4 bred took a good number of foxes owned by a well known terrier man and big gear as well all  s/h which she was mainly used for 

• Like 1