David platts

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred several litters in the 1980s/1990s,..we worked them most nights,... Straight cross twixt Ardkinglas Deerhound and Irish Coursing Greyhounds.. The next cross,  back to the Greyhound was

he looks a happy chap

It's right to remember good old times, and good old boys... I have travelled, all the way up one side of Scotland, and come back down the other...  As you know, nothing much beats the place

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Elchapo said:

His was half bull half deerhound he then put it to a grey hound and did a repeat mating as the pups were all doing the business, I think There a lass on here who has one , mate mine had one and was doing good till it killed itself 

This out Dai dogs bull deerhound over a grey 632CF2BE-F0B8-45D7-97AA-82B246C0E57C.jpeg.2fd7becf60f825ee2bf8ddfe9e23dccc.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Bred several litters in the 1980s/1990s,..we worked them most nights,...

Straight cross twixt Ardkinglas Deerhound and Irish Coursing Greyhounds..

The next cross,  back to the Greyhound was always far more agile and useful product.

Great dogs for the Roe...?

We then put our 3/4 bred hybrids over big whippets...then we were cooking...?

Terrific old-style longdogs,.great to see lads still enjoying them...:clapper:

img099.tif.jpg

Like them Phil ??the one on the right takes my eye proper old school ready for anything type 

2 hours ago, NEWSBOY said:

What a con job. Champions at what?

It’s a sales pitch fella nothing more nothing less To lure people in With intrigue to what there actually all about ?? If the add just read generation bred working deerhound x greyhounds that actually work with age of sire An dam it’d be a better add 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

This out Dai dogs bull deerhound over a grey 632CF2BE-F0B8-45D7-97AA-82B246C0E57C.jpeg.2fd7becf60f825ee2bf8ddfe9e23dccc.jpeg

saw something along similar lines about 12 year back or more......the dam was 3/4grey x pit bull.....and what a beauty she was....the sire was a pure deerhound....the chap had kept two pups a dog and a bitch....they were both over a year old and what fabulas animals they looked both had rough coats

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, poxon said:

It’s a sales pitch fella nothing more nothing less To lure people in With intrigue to what there actually all about ?? If the add just read generation bred working deerhound x greyhounds that actually work with age of sire An dam it’d be a better add 

Yep, a simple cross of dh and gh, nothing more than that, got to laugh at that ad, true champions, the true bred apart, some of the greatest hounds in the world, who falls for such shite

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, NEWSBOY said:

Yep, a simple cross of dh and gh, nothing more than that, got to laugh at that ad, true champions, the true bred apart, some of the greatest hounds in the world, who falls for such shite

Plenty of gullible people out there think there buying in to magic an guaranteed to work 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

lads I know was there few weeks back picking up their pups?

IMG-20190722-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20190722-WA0002.jpg

Fuucking lookers you two aye? ?

22 hours ago, TOMO said:

must admit I was tempted at these....spoke to platt about 2 month ago.....if I'm honest I wouldn't mind trying one ....but have always hankered after the 3/4 grey x deer...rather than the half cross.....would be nice if somone out there with a well worked half cross......put it over maxhardcores ...greyhound

I'd take a bitch of that breeding ;)

I've never seen one of d platts dogs working but met a lad that swears by them said they will do anything if you can leave them till at least 2 years of age before starting them and I'm afraid most people won't wait for that long 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Bred several litters in the 1980s/1990s,..we worked them most nights,...

Straight cross twixt Ardkinglas Deerhound and Irish Coursing Greyhounds..

The next cross,  back to the Greyhound was always far more agile and useful product.

Great dogs for the Roe...?

We then put our 3/4 bred hybrids over big whippets...then we were cooking...?

Terrific old-style longdogs,.great to see lads still enjoying them...:clapper:

img099.tif.jpg

Phil with my own interest at what height tts were these two dogs?(first crosses)

12 minutes ago, fatlad said:

I've never seen one of d platts dogs working but met a lad that swears by them said they will do anything if you can leave them till at least 2 years of age before starting them and I'm afraid most people won't wait for that long 

Seen one work and he was a very capable dog.

The 2 years of age thing I agree with sort of. Mine has been slow to get going where her litter sister was taking the lot in her 1st season. 

I like them alot but dont think they can do anything a good saluki grey or other long dog crosses cant 

• Like 2