David platts

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred several litters in the 1980s/1990s,..we worked them most nights,... Straight cross twixt Ardkinglas Deerhound and Irish Coursing Greyhounds.. The next cross,  back to the Greyhound was

he looks a happy chap

It's right to remember good old times, and good old boys... I have travelled, all the way up one side of Scotland, and come back down the other...  As you know, nothing much beats the place

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, breeze said:

Dan.... That pic with the 2 pups is it from the day they took pups away ? 

They don't look that big for 8 wk old pups considering the way that they are bred 

i think thats from when they went to look andchoose them breeze mate?

must admit I was tempted at these....spoke to platt about 2 month ago.....if I'm honest I wouldn't mind trying one ....but have always hankered after the 3/4 grey x deer...rather than the half cross.....would be nice if somone out there with a well worked half cross......put it over maxhardcores ...greyhound

• Like 7
25 minutes ago, TOMO said:

must admit I was tempted at these....spoke to platt about 2 month ago.....if I'm honest I wouldn't mind trying one ....but have always hankered after the 3/4 grey x deer...rather than the half cross.....would be nice if somone out there with a well worked half cross......put it over maxhardcores ...greyhound

a mate of mine had one bred exactly as you said tomo was very fast but that was about it, another mate had first cross that looked like it was going to outclass every hare it ran but about a minuet in it would peel off and run back, not my cup of tea at all.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, two crows said:

a mate of mine had one bred exactly as you said tomo was very fast but that was about it, another mate had first cross that looked like it was going to outclass every hare it ran but about a minuet in it would peel off and run back, not my cup of tea at all.

So you wouldnt rush to get one then two crows. I've been thinking about one for a while but ideally I'd like one x bull/greyhound but you dont see many being bred. 

57 minutes ago, fazza123 said:

So you wouldnt rush to get one then two crows. I've been thinking about one for a while but ideally I'd like one x bull/greyhound but you dont see many being bred. 

Lad i know got a deer bull grey bloody grate lump of a thing it's fast enough but can't turn for shit got the turning circle of a Cruise ship! 

• Like 1