The trouble with cat owners

On 30/08/2019 at 10:46, shovel leaner said:

I’ve no love of cats . I think there owners are delusional animal lovers who basically unleash a miniature tiger on the local wildlife/ bird population and choose to ignore the death and destruction their beloved pet causes. But I am also savvy enough to know the shit storm that killing pets causes . And also I think of the kids who love their pet moggy . So I am ultra switched on to making 100% sure that what I’m shooting is not a cat . It’s quite rural around here and I don’t think I get feral cats , I think they are mostly pets . But if I had a feral cat problem I would have no problem dealing with them . 

Know exactly what you mean. 8 years ago I had to shoot a boxer that was chasing inlamb ewes. I felt absolutely shit for days after. It wasn't dogs fault. I tried to catch it, tried to call it/whistle etc.

Worst part was it turned out to  be the village vicars dog, someone left vicarage gate open and dog was off. Bad day at the office. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Yeah, maybe she’s wondering if you’ve got a strimmer because her bush needs trimming?

:bad:....shes a propper man hater, I could quit happily smash her round the head with a strimmer though!

it might re-progam her brain.. certainly wouldn't ruin her looks

• Haha 3
On 31/08/2019 at 20:19, BenBhoy said:

Know exactly what you mean. 8 years ago I had to shoot a boxer that was chasing inlamb ewes. I felt absolutely shit for days after. It wasn't dogs fault. I tried to catch it, tried to call it/whistle etc.

Worst part was it turned out to  be the village vicars dog, someone left vicarage gate open and dog was off. Bad day at the office. 

I had this cocker that used to constantly be chasing my pheasants around the woods at roosting time . It belonged to a couple if doctors who lived nearby. I caught it one day and chucked it in the back of the Land Rover . I thought whoever owns it will be looking for it and I will have words with them . Sure enough a phone call was received and they came to pick up their dog . I told them they were lucky it was me who was keepering now and not the old keeper , because it would be under a hedge now covered in bluebottle eggs . I read them a bit of a riot act and reminded them of their responsibilities as dog owners and they stood their and listened and I could tell that they were hating every minute of their bollocking . But I never had that cocker in the woods again . Fast forward a couple of years and I’m in hospital having an operation on a slipped disc . I’m sat on the bed waiting to go under the knife and in walks my anaesthetist......guess who ? I honestly didn’t think I was going to wake up .

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I had this cocker that used to constantly be chasing my pheasants around the woods at roosting time . It belonged to a couple if doctors who lived nearby. I caught it one day and chucked it in the back of the Land Rover . I thought whoever owns it will be looking for it and I will have words with them . Sure enough a phone call was received and they came to pick up their dog . I told them they were lucky it was me who was keepering now and not the old keeper , because it would be under a hedge now covered in bluebottle eggs . I read them a bit of a riot act and reminded them of their responsibilities as dog owners and they stood their and listened and I could tell that they were hating every minute of their bollocking . But I never had that cocker in the woods again . Fast forward a couple of years and I’m in hospital having an operation on a slipped disc . I’m sat on the bed waiting to go under the knife and in walks my anaesthetist......guess who ? I honestly didn’t think I was going to wake up .

Haha did they recognise you or mention it? I'm not too fearful of me bumping into vicar at his place of work!!

4 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Haha did they recognise you or mention it? I'm not too fearful of me bumping into vicar at his place of work!!

Oh he recognised me , but he was professional. I just hope I don’t get cancer , cos his Mrs is a senior oncologist. 

• Haha 1