The good news is.....

....I got two vixens tonight!

One was straight forward. A 100 yard off hand shot. She only had one eye but otherwise healthy.

IMG_20190829_221117.jpg.cb42b067bdf99822c3f302c782d5fc26.jpg

The second Vixen was a messy affair with a lot of luck thrown in!

I spotted her across the stream from the stubble field I was in to the pasture strip she was in. Behind her was noisy maize from the wind that hid my noisy approach to a handy round bale.

By the time I got to the bale she was just in the hedge of the maize field so I squealed. Well she came in a treat, jumped the stream and bingo a rested 50yarder.....missed! Can't of I said. Went and looked, not there! Found a spot to cross the stream and searched the pasture, nothing!

Puzzled I walked back, crossed the stream, a pain to cross, walks up the stubble, lamps back and what.....she is back! Watching me!

I get on a bale and take a central bead on the sitting fox, straight down, job done.

Back across the stream (bloody hell) only to collect and see the bullet has gone through her head! It should not of been that high at 75! I need to check zero asap!

What a fiasco!

IMG_20190829_225755.jpg.aaaf3fee3b2e9aaa70e84534baa23a54.jpg

The bad news. I thought I got a Vixen a few weeks ago I have been after for a few years now, I haven't, I saw her in the usual area and as soon as I lit her up she was gone. All the same patterns and runs. Oh well, she will keep me busy all winter I guess.

SD.

• Like 9

Arrows ,S/D as always ,my .243 has issues too Hornady whitetail or fiochhi bang on ,PPu well now did i want a 2 to 3 or 3 n arf inch group no .Its a choice 25 quid a box 1 " group u pay 15 quid u get what u get  

8 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Arrows ,S/D as always ,my .243 has issues too Hornady whitetail or fiochhi bang on ,PPu well now did i want a 2 to 3 or 3 n arf inch group no .Its a choice 25 quid a box 1 " group u pay 15 quid u get what u get  

Cheers.

I reloaded for all my center fires but did buy some cheap 6.5 from S&B and some obscure South American producer and it was very good.

I did buy some S&B 222 decades ago and one blow a primer pocket on me so started reloading my own.

Before that I bought some rws hornet that was quite anemic but the brass lasted ages. The S&B hornet ammo was good. 

I bought a few boxs of 357 just have some fun and guage my reloads performance. Ended up shooting a lot of vermin with them.

Basically in about 30 years of shooting CF rifles I bought about eight box's of factory ammo for them.

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 1